Durand record weight ha ha ha ha - and other crazy thing

I heard that a Durand record weight costs 3500 USD. - that is just bonkers - we are truly entering the twilight zone of hi-fi - sorry.
can anyone else think of similarly stupid products
lohanimal
 @ghosthouse  ,
Sorry no tech but MR.Bassner will include a years supply of ladies of the evening with purchase!
As hobbies go audio may be expensive but how planes as a hobby?
 I was at Oshkosh Airventure this summer. the cost of this record weight would pale in comparison to the normal replacement parts on airplanes.
Glass instrument panels, a new engine, radar, navigation systems and radios etc can easily cost into the 6 figures for some aircraft. How about buying an old master print at auction? The world is full of stuff that costs lots of money. How others spend theirs is really none of our concern.

I am glad I started this highly amusing thread. 
As it happens - I have the Amazon Model One - sadly not the Referenz.
I am not against spending money on even expensive components - though I am sure some will think they are cheap no doubt.
I have to say that in many ways my barometer is meaured by an article I read about a manufacturer of High End amps (name escapes me). He wass once approached with over £50,000 to have an amp built for a cusstomer - his response was to say spend something like £30,000 on some lie music concerts first and to then spend the rest on his amps. My point being that even in the world of high end equipment, there must be relative value IMHO - that is both in terms of performance and material value.

lohanimal

.....his response was to say spend something like £30,000 on some lie music concerts first and to then spend the rest on his amps.

so, I will come to your house, play my trombone and sing for you (now just try to imagine that for a minute) for $75 American dollars per hour. **

You will get live and then some.

**You will also need to cover my travel, food, board and maybe some miscellaneous sexpenses.

-
-
-

@geoffkait

Durand, Durand

funny .......

Since this audio hobby falls under the very subjective category where no standards exist and everyone's room is different;  this thread must therefore fall under the no such thing as bad publicity category.   

Good show Lohanimal.