Who has heard the Audio Research CD5?

There has been some professional reviews of this player on ARC website but virtually no mention from the buying public. All of the attention has centered around the CD8 and CD7. Has anyone been able to compare the CD5 vs. CD7?
The CD7 certainly is showing up used alot because of the new CD8 and used prices are cheaper than the CD5 new.
Anyone?
bobheinatz
I have auditioned both the CD5 and CD7.  On the CD7, it is more refined and easier to tube roll. Many say that the CD7 is the best ARC spinner ever made.
I've been through all of the ARC CD players from the CD-3 up to the one I'm using now, which is the CD-7se The "SE" version has the factory upgraded power supply. 

The difference between the CD-5 and the CD-7 is quite substantial.

Here's the ticket if you can swing it ... Get the CD-7 and send it to the factory for the power supply upgrade. Then swap out the two stock fuses with Synergistic Research Black fuses. At that point, you will have one of the most musical CD players in existence. Quite astounding, really.

If you can, get the best IC's that you can afford. Balanced, if your pre-amp will accept it. 

OP
Oregonpapa - I have a CD-7se but it doesn't have much play time. Can you tell me what tubes you are running with and I am interested in the sonic difference the Synergistic Research Black fuses made, before and after. I am thinking I didn't give this player much of a chance, as I have been using a Modwright modded Oppo 105D instead. Thanks for all your input!
Mike