Looking to buy floor standing speakers in $1000 per speaker range.

Looking at Goldenears 700s. Intrigued by Ohm 1000's. Probably running older NAD 7225 PE. I would love to hear suggestions.
jlm51
jlm51
For less than $1000, if conventional box speakers along the line of Harbeth or Spendor might float your boat, ask John Strohbeen at OHM about a pair of refurbed OHM H speakers. These are available refurbed and updated with modern technology for same price as when they ruled in late 1970’s, about $900, and will kick butt with the right modern amp and source set up right.

Or possibly even a pair of similar model C2 ($700) or L ($500) if available.

You will need to place them on stands. I’d look at Isoacoustics brand stands on Amazon for a model large enough. Cost should be a mere $100 or so.
Just looked at Omen Mark II. Anybody have thoughts about them? They seem very efficient. Interesting approach with tweeter below driver. I appreciate all the input!
Got some Vienna acoustics Bach Grands for sale actually. Would be worth checking out possibly?
Super great little floor-stander, that sounds MUCH more amazing than its price or footprint would suggest.
Very easy to listen to and non fatiguing (not harsh), with amazing bottom end extension, amazing sound staging, imaging and detail for the price.
I've listened to a LOT, and owned many many pairs of speakers and assorted set-ups, and for the under $2k bracket, these have been some of my faves.

Go with Goldenear you will be very pleased. And you will not have buyer's remorse.