Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
I burned in my Besswax fuse in the pre (260 hours).
 There is very notable musical enhancement. Of all the sound parameters the most noticable is an organic music that is at the same time shoking and relaxing as if you were assured that this is like the music should be. 
Organic is the word that comes to mind. Lots of details but all in a coherent and realistic way. 
There is now a new version of the Beeswax (the SHD) that is said by Peter Hansen (Cable Co) to be a significative step beyond.
I will try it soon in my pre. (If someone is interested in a classic little ued Beeswax 6x32 mm 1,5A slow blow at good price please let me know).
I also have SR Black in my amps that are near 60 hours now. They are great also. Maybe more spectacular in bass boom and spectacular scene and many other things that have descibed at long in this thread. They still need to burn in until at least 100 hours before judging them definitely.
Both products are great and I made the choice of mixing both but it is an arbitrary choice only empirical. An hypothesis that both could combine.
Please forgive my english as it is not my native language.
JY
barbapapa:
Thank you for posting your results using the Audio Magic Beeswax fuse.
I do think the Synergistic Research Black fuses and (now with your report) the A.M. Beeswax fuses are the top performing fuses available for audio equipment.

From a practical standpoint the Synergistic Research 30 day return policy allows one to audition what a fuse can do to the sonics of their system with the peace of mind that if they do not like the change they can get their money back.

My systems have been upgraded to all SR Black fuses for many hundreds of hours of listening pleasure. I would not want to go back to the fuses available in 2012 such as the Isoclean or Furutech. And these fuses were a step better than the original stock fuses supplied by the equipment manufacturers.

David Pritchard

^^^  David ...

You had question about the makeup of the Von Gaylord IC/s, I contacted Ray, and here's what he sent:

"The 7000s IC is designed with Silver, Copper, and Alloy.

The Cable comes in two different version : Shielded and non-shielded

Shielded version is designed for sensitive system. (easy pick up " Hum )"

Take care ...

OP

davidpritchard wrote,

"From a practical standpoint the Synergistic Research 30 day return policy allows one to audition what a fuse can do to the sonics of their system with the peace of mind that if they do not like the change they can get their money back."

if I recall correctly Audio Magic offers a 60 day return policy. That’s an even more practical standpoint, eh? In fact, and I yes I know we’ve been over this before, everyone and his brother offers a 30 day return policy. So in and of itself that policy you constantly mention is no advantage, you know, per se. when I say you constantly mention, this is what I'm referring to:

"Finally they are one of the few companies that allow and encourage a 30 day trial."

Cheers,

geoff

If I haven't compared directly in the same products the SR Black vs the Besswax I compared the SR Red vs the Beeswax (1st generation) in my preamp and the AM is a very clear winner in my system.
The Black is another animal.