Why do almost all women today hate home audio?

Why do almost all (99%) of women never seriously, sit, and listen to home audio through even one album?

I knew many, many women that listened, and had there own stereos, in the late 60's and 70's.

They even had big record collections, and some even had real-to-real tape recorders.

Why did they disappear?

What changed?

don_c55
Post removed 
theophile

... It all ads-up to more perceived return for the dollar spent on automobiles as opposed to Hi-Fi. Hence cars get the dollars and Hi-Fi doesn't.  
This assessment ignores a lot of very basic facts. For many Americans, they need a car to get to work, and they need a car to do even the most basic shopping. For them, a car is a practical necessity. Of course, the auto industry has been masterful in convincing many people to buy much more car than they need, but that's another matter.

A hi-fi, however, is not a necessity for most people. It's a luxury. And because it tends to be enjoyed in private, it's just not likely to be considered a status item, as a car is.
Yeah, and Cartier branded amps would be in high demand by them, no doubt.
Audiogon keeps removing posts and entire threads for unknown to us reasons. I guess, we don't pay enough for the freedom of speech.
Post removed 
If a woman tells you that you need to 'get with the times' and haul away your stereo then perhaps she is testing if you have a backbone?

If it is simply a matter of disinterest then I would point the finger at the lack of a real social factor in the hobby, something which women on average value more than men. I don't see the same imbalance in TV or YouTube watching which are the equivalent pastimes of today. Perhaps if people invited over company and made music an after dinner activity as used to be done your wives would be more inclined to take interest in if your system is up to snuff? I wouldn't believe any claims that women have lost interest in music as based on the advertising I see they must be buying far more music than the average man.