Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa

There is much to be learned from the many opinions expressed in this thread despite there being still virtually no concrete information about the products in question.

mapman
13,530 posts
07-28-2016 11:51am
There is much to be learned from the many opinions expressed in this thread despite there being still virtually no concrete information about the products in question.

Well, none that you’ve been able to find, anyway. What do you mean by concrete information? Are you dismissing Quantum Tunneling treatment, crystal alignment treatment, special alloys for the wire and end caps and non-resonant ceramic body (Red Fuse) as being not concrete enough for you? I don’t even have to mention wire directionality. You’re right, there’s much to be learned, grasshopper. But first you have to find it. Knowledge doesn't come through osmosis.
almarg  7.27.16

" As I, and others have pointed out in a number of past threads, the ability of a system to resolve hardware difference does not necessarily go hand ii hand in hand with musical resolution or its sonic quality."

My response is that the ability of a electronic components to resolve information of all types is always dependent on the quality of their power supplies.y experience is that, in a properly functioning system, any change in the power supply is clearly audible. Some changes are pro-found, others may be more subtle, but they are always audible. The Synergistic Research is a "MAJOR UPGRADE" to the power supplies of all audio amplifiers. In fact " THIS UPGRADE NECESSARILY GO HAND IN HAND WITH MUSICAL
RESOLUTION AND SONIC QUALITY"

There is good reason for the popularity of this red fuse thread. It provides a path for audiophiles, with little or no technical skills, to make massive improvements to their system for relatively small outlays. It is my belief that installation of  black fuses, at a cost of $120 each, will provide improvements similar to many modifications costing in excess of $1000.

If you are serious about making a contribution to this thread, I suggest you replace the fuses in the power supply of one of your components, with Synergistic black fuses and POST THE RESULTS IN THIS THREAD.

There are individuals with 3000 or more posts who visit this thread from time to time but in most cases their posts have not been helpful. Some of their posts are inane, but more often merely irrelevant and lacking true substance.

Yes and there is probably now someone out there who believes that if they do not hear a difference with these things it means their system is not good enough.  Time for more upgrades in order to not bottleneck the fuse..

This is all nonsense of course that merely obfuscates whatever few actual facts of value might be had.  And the believers seem to have no issue with such claims.  

Its very good for business though if people buy into it.

Mapman

"Yes and there is probably now someone out there who believes that if they do not hear a difference with these things it means their system is not good enough"

That is exactly what I am saying. Not all so called "systems" are good enough. This of course is not a problem if someone is happy with the sound of their system.  It becomes a problem only when that someone is giving "advice" on a daily basis to many who are in dire need of sound advice and assistance.