Audio Research Reference 6 Preamp Review

128x128elem79
It would be interested to evaluate both the new Ref6 against the 40th Anniversary edition.
I certainly have not. However, I spoke with "a person" at Audio Reaearch about the two. He said, fairly matter-of-factly, that despite the improvement in the Ref 6 power supply that, in his opinion, the 40th Anniversary still out performed it. If the Ref 6 is even close then I would highly recommend giving it an audition. 
jhconnor, typically one box solutions are not considered 'no cost object' designs. Let's be fair, how about asking this person a direct comparing between the 40th anniversary edition and Reference 10?

http://www.audioresearch.com/en-us/products/preamplifiers/reference-10

I would take comments like, I spoke with someone who remains nameless at Audio Research that fairly matter of factly one is better than the other with a grain of salt.

The only way to know is to compare for yourself.

However I do know someone who owns a REF 10 and said that the REF 6 is 90% of the REF 10. Which really represents an amazing value all things considered since not everyone wants or has the space for a 2 box preamp.

Also worth mentioning is that if you have any of the newer ARC products they look even better when they match. :)