Audio Research Reference 6 Preamp Review

128x128elem79
The Ref 6 is simply an amazing preamp.  Yes, sorry to say it to the "they keep coming out with new models all the time" crowd but it is a quantum leap over the Ref5se.  And yes, I did say that about the improvement the 5se made over the 5.  I did not say it about a 5 over a 3.  That was a mild improvement, not a big deal.  
So before someone says "just wait for the Ref7", yes, I would expect it to be an improvement again, and will likely buy one.  But for now, this is by far the best preamp I have heard.  It makes all my gear sound better, and records sound incredible.  

elem79, what is your opinion about SP-20?  There are couple of them on sale. I can't afford to buy a new Ref 6, so I am eying on LS28 or SP-20 to mate with my KWA150SE's.  

Did you by any chance audition LS28 before you bought Ref 6? 
Laltik, both seem like great preamps. Not knowing an awful lot about the SP-20 I would probably be more partial to the LS28.  I think that may be the sweeter of the the two based on some of the reviews I've read.  

I didn't get the chance to hear either.  I had a REF 5SE and loved it. When the REF 6 came out I thought it might be a better match for my GS150 and based my purchase of the 6 entirely on the strength of REF 5.