difussor's

I "think" im in need of some sort of diffusing on front wall of small listening room...I would be really interested to hear some experiences of some that have been through it...don't think I need an absorber type...as I have some bass traps in lower corner...just lacking clarity of sound stage...diffusor?
digsmithd

I have yet to put a small couch in room...so that might help with some of the bass boom...and yes this to me is as much a near field experience I ever had to do.

bwaslo i think that i will try a diffusor on front wall for giggles...as well as some smaller absorb panel(s)...i dont think they do (diffusor) deaden either...so what the hey...i like the back (door) idea too

I also have a very small room. I found it's essential to use absorber to deal with early reflection (place them in direct reflection points). Diffuser will also help in establishing good soundstage.
digsmithd

Equipment racks in between the speakers are one sure way of killing image and depth, yes many glitz queens love to gaze at their lovely electronics while listening, but as I found it’s always better not to have anything between the speakers.
My systems depth and sound stage was so much better when all the electronics/rack was moved to the side wall of the room.

Cheers George
More to discover