Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
I also ordered a Schuko Furutech NCF wall outlet still to be delivered. Big hopes on it and no SR Schuko wall outlet in Europe I think. It will replace a Oyaide SWO 

DavidPritchard

Hi David,

The fuse in my preamp is evolving and continues to improve. By Sunday night it should be fully broken in. Things are going so well that I might replace only 2 of the 4 red fuses in the power amp. I will not replace the 2 rail fuses at this time. I will install the black AC outlet before moving on to the power amp.

When I do get to the power amp top priority will be grounding the circuit board to the grounding block with a home-made high definition cable. I have reason to believe this will be more effective than grounding the amp"s chassis to the grounding block. I also need to check the bias on the amp,
install the 2 AC fuses, and inspect the AC inlets sockets.

Best wishes

Andynotadam

Hi Andy

I will probably install the black outlet at the end of this month. Did you install
an aftermarket cover when you installed your black outlet? Do you have any reason to believe that any of the available covers improve performance?  Or is it mostly for appearance?

Post removed 
"Wolf, I call BS on your story of having tried the SR Blacks--it sounds like a phony confession out of a B-rated film noir. Your tone is evasive, shifty. "I have a friend" is a contrived intro. He owns a well-regarded store, then you label it as a "salon". He had a pile of these fuses hanging around from some show or something. Sure, Wolf, sure. He gave you a half dozen "or so"... "of the things"."

Good detective work.