Turntable belt/pulley help- kind of urgent

So, I got a Denon DP 300F a few weeks ago. until today I didn't have a cartridge installed, so I didn't play it. After lots of hassle, I bought and installed a Shure M97XE cartridge, aligned it, etc. Then I tried to play a record but the platter would not spin. I googled the manual, and apparently there was something wrong with the belt. So I took the belt out, rearranged it around the pulleys about a dozen different ways, and still nothing. Can someone please explain to me how to position the belt so I can get my platter working??
There's a link to the manual here: http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchfield.com/Manuals/033/033DP300F.PDF

please help! any help at all would be greatly appreciated. :) (also, I'm a noob so if I've done anything stupid but taking the belt out, etc, cut me some slack).
toxicwaterfront
Your Denon table DOES NOT need a separate phono stage. There is a small switch under the platter that needs to be turned ON when you are playing your vinyl. Pull the platter, check the switch to confirm it is in the ON position.
Best Regards!
And, there is never a stupid question. That is what these forums are all about.
Let us know if you get it working.
Thank you! especially @Blk25.
My turntable does come with a phono pre-amp, but I assumed it was just automatically on because they never mentioned it in the manual. Apparently, they called it the 'equalizer switch' instead, which I had turned off. Now that I've turned it on, sound IS coming from the speakers, just at a low volume (even with the volume on high), which I think has to do with the fact that I haven't properly placed the speakers. I'm going to delete my other thread (if I even can do that) and I'll let you guys know what happens.
"...a small switch under the platter that needs to be turned ON..."  Who invents this stuff? Why wouldn't the phono output jacks be live all the time (like they are on most every other table)? Just another mean-spirited trick being played on another unsuspecting newby. Thankfully, there are users on this forum who figure this stuff out. I would never have guessed there was a switch under the platter. 

Tonykay There really is a built in MM  phono stage that can be turned on/off. I turned it off,  because I was using my own phono stage in an old Fisher 400 receiver.   The  access is through a  hole in the aluminum alloy platter.  I suppose you can just lift off the platter as well.

Returning to the original question yes it's true about the built in phono on that table.  If you leave it on, I think the sound quality would suffer, if you then put it through another phono stage.