Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
All,

The SR Red Fuse gave me the best bang for the buck next to 12 gauge speaker cables.  Been running them for about a year. But once you are done with the fuses, the next most notable step up is the SR Power Cell, wow.....talk about a noise floor that dropped about 4 levels and the inner details of music you NEVER HEARD BEFORE!!!!!  I am amazed at what SR products do for the hifi systems we all love.  Next up, outfitting my whole system with SR innerconnects.
^^^

quadmaster ...

Why not give the SR Black fuses a try. Night and day in my system. 
I'm enjoying Shirley Horn's "The Main Ingredient" tonight, a 1995 recording made in her NYC living room after the clubs shut down (and after a chicken and greens dinner she prepared as the story goes). Participants include Joe Henderson, Roy Hargrove, Billy Hart and Elvin Jones among others. A great performance and pretty impressive sonics given where it was recorded. The drums, vocal and piano have a surprising amount of air around them (thank you, SR), though other aspects of the recording are a bit dry. Check it out...
Sometimes ... in fact, many times, only good jazz will cut it for me. I grew up on it and it never gets old. However, over the years, my musical taste has expanded to include a wide spectrum of music. 

Tonight's listening session consisted of film tracks.  The most haunting was the music from  "Schindler's List."  Very  haunting, indeed.  Then for a little change of pace, I put on the tracks from "The Mission," and "Dracula."  

Now that I'm depressed, frightened and wide awake at midnight ... I think tomorrow night it will be back to some really good straight ahead jazz. 

Man, that Schindler's List has some beautiful strings ... but I just couldn't stop thinking about what it represents. 

OP
After enjoying the red fuses for 18 months, I have finally decided to try the black fuses. A purchased two for my CD player a week ago. I listened briefly after installation and the sound was uninspiring.

Two days ago I had another listen. Something was wrong. I checked my connections and they were all correct. I reversed the direction of the fuses
and left the player on (but not playing) until this morning. It now sounds much better!