Whats playing on your system today?

Today I decided to listen to two of my favorite rock guitar heros and one great vocalist. Guitarist' Robin Trower, Ronnie Montrose and vocalist Davey Pattison.

I listened to Trower songs:
Bridge of sighs, Stitch in time, The fool and me, my personal favorite- Too rolling stoned and others.....

Then I pulled out "Gamma". 
I listened to: Razor King, Wish I was and Skin and bone and others.....

Davey Pattison hooked has also up with Michael Shenker also. I really enjoyed my day so far. Anybody else heard anything good?

N

nutty
Joanne Shaw Taylor, Songs from the Road, DVD. 

I spent last evening with my Brother and arcam88 and watched Joanne Shaw Taylor's "Songs from the Road" DVD. Filmed in London in a small club she put on a hell of a show. 

The set list is great and full of blistering solos. She also knows how to slow it down and walk you through songs like "Jealousy" and "Diamonds in the dirt". Her tallent is on par with current and past blues guitar greats. (I think she channels Stevie Ray) Her vocals are fantastic and unique and the way she attacks her Gibson guitar is relentless. Without useing a guitar pick. 

The audio is loud and a bit over driven. But the talent and musicianship makes you forget any production issues. I highly recommend watching the disc if your into concert DVD's and blues. She is one of my favorites young blues guitarist.

She must be doing something right. She opened for Glenn Hughes. Glenn know talent.

Sonics: 2-3/4 ☆
Performance: 5 ☆
Video: 3 ☆

N
Arrived new CD to me.   Recorded 2011 says on the cover
Glen Hughes.  Soulfully Live in The City of Angels.   2 cd set
Very Deep Purple sounding in many respects
Just up my alley.   Great sonically also.
It is because of this thread that I picked up Glen Hughes and started
 critically listening to him in all his work

Quite GOOD.    At least to me

R

Cowboy Junkies "Whites Off Earth Now", "Trinity Sessions Revisited" (lp)
Of Monsters And Men "My Head Is An Animal" (lp)
White Stripes "Elephant" (lp)
Vic Chesnutt "About To Choke" (lp)

Nutty, I've admired JST's skills for quite some time. Too bad there are no offerings on vinyl.