Does anyone run 2 or more turntables...

Does anyone run 2 or more turntables at the same time? What is your purpose?
drumarty
Two tables here. One for mono, one for stereo. If my stereo table allowed two arms I would have one table two arms.
A Luxman PD444 with three arms(2x SME 3012R + Kuzma 4P at the moment.) Unfortunately there is no space remaining to set up my three other turntables simultaneously. Multiple tonearms on one TT help in making close comparisons between tonearms and cartridges. They take a significant variable out of the equation. I can’t understand why more pro reviewers don’t have this arrangement. It can also help convince one how specious judgments of better/best can be in audio. A multi-arm setup convinces that above a certain level of performance, choices are largely matters of taste and are often price-independent.
Dave, It's telling for me to learn that you prefer the PD444 (direct-drive) vs your other 3 turntables, which if memory serves are either belt-drive or rim-drive types (do you have a Terminator Salvation?).  I have come to the same conclusion, as is obvious.  Does the PD444 use a coreless motor?  I have developed a preference for the sound of those that do.

Lew, I haven't yet had the PD444 motor apart for service, knock on wood.  The literature describes the motor as flat, slotless, brushless, DC servo-controller with Hall sensors.  Like L07D it uses magnetic levitation, in this case to relieve about 4/5 of the 2.5kg platter weight.  It has a much lower-torque, lower-current motor than the L07D.  The design work is rumored to have been done by Micro Seiki.  The motor may be JVC.

I do find the DD sound of PD444 and L07D more appealing than my much modified VPI TNT.  With the VPI converted from rubber belts to thread it was possible to tension the thread for a cleaner, faster-paced "DD-like" sound.  Both Luxman and Kenwood go further in that direction.     

lewm, "a coreless motor? I have developed a preference for the sound of those that do."

So, does this suggest interest in the new Technics SL-1200GAE?

http://www.sl1200gae.info/about