Worst or Best Excuses!

Why do 'Men' feel the need to use an excuse to justify audio/video purchase or even low ball your gear? IMHO, you don't have to make any excuses to pursue your passion and love for the music. 

The one excuse I hear a lot,  That's the best I can do without risking divorce.

Happy Listening! 
128x128lalitk
I find this interesting. 
I don't tell my wife what any piece of my equipment cost, not even the cost of the $50 vinyl LPs I have. But I am afraid of one thing:
That If I die today she would not know what to do with my equipment or how much to sell them for. So I came up with a solution:
I have a large folder with all my receipts, sealed. I told her to open the folder when I die, and I told her who to help her with the sale. She thinks I am crazy. But it's the truth. I don't want her to give the stuff away for pennies, or have family fighting over it.
What have you done to prepare for liquidate of your audio stuff when the time comes? Lets be real about this; the time will come. That's why I drive an old car so that I can enjoy my other toys.

Not to be too morbid...
Several years ago I had an illness which could of punched my ticket.
A good audiophile friend generously agreed to help my wife liquidate my equipment (which she has some hint of its overall value).

More problematic is 3500+ vinyl library which has a good selection of valuable LPs. (Ex. 2 Ry Cooder - Jazz MFI). I'm not inclined to go through the whole collection and research their individual values, although selling some of them individually will yield much more return than as a whole to a retailer. And my organization is limited, pulling albums out nightly, but not refiling...
How to handle that???

almandog " ... I don't tell my wife what any piece of my equipment cost ... But I am afraid of one thing:
That If I die today she would not know what to do with my equipment or how much to sell them for. So I came up with a solution:
I have a large folder with all my receipts, sealed. I told her to open the folder when I die, and I told her who to help her with the sale ...
What have you done to prepare for liquidate of your audio stuff when the time comes? Lets be real about this; the time will come."

I have a simple plan. My wife knows what everything costs and receipts for everything are in a file.

The last time I had friends over for a listening session she over herd a conversation, but not the full story about a new mono block amps I bought a couple weeks before. That conversation cost me a $1045.66 Lois Viton handbag. Thats no joke. But I was happy to lay it out. I had no idea that a handbag could cost so much. I am sure she said the same about my amps.