All in one HT speaker and subwoofer

Yes, I know you are raising your eyebrows, and thinking about sacrilege, ignorance, ... but I have just sold the last of 5 speakers and have decided to go for a single all-in-one speaker (center and surrounds), and a subwoofer.

Convenience and lack of visual clutter in my 15' x 10' x 10' dedicated home theateresque space trumped sound for me, for now, anyway. I'm also considering mounting the LCD and speaker on the wall. I really like things simple and clean. This will be 100% movies once a week or so. We don't watch any TV.

So, ***to the questions***. I am thinking of a Miller & Kreisel (now MK Sound) MP 4512 which I can get even though it has been discontinued, or maybe a Definitive Tech Mythos SSA 42 or 50.

Question 1 - any other all in one you would recommend up to $1K?

Question 2 - which sub (see below)?

For a sub, I am not sure? Maybe the Outlaw LFM-1 Compact? Hsu VTF-2?
Here are the parameters:

Price $600 max (new or used)
Size unobtrusive, but quality more important
Color black or dark wood

Thanks and please don't judge me too harshly.
vivaslb
This thread has gone quiet, so maybe I will report what I learned from talking to the sales folks of Aperion, ZVOX, and Polk. The Aperion guy was sure that their system was as good as Deftech mythos ssa, Polk Surroundbar, and Atlantic Tech FS 5000 without having heard them (he was up front about this, still an odd certainty). ZVOX guy seemed a bit defensive when I asked how a TV's 2 channel output could produce surround sound. Seems to be the point of high resolution, multi channel sound sources is to process and reproduce them faithfully. Polk seemed the most confident, pointing out that they were the first (true?) and that Deftech was a sister company. Finally, Crutchfield (don't have much specialty store options here) guy felt like saving on Polk vs. Deftech ($200-$300) and putting that into a good sub (I'm thinking Outlaw LFM-1 compact or Deftech supercube iii) would represent a better value for my small area.

So, I went with the Polk Surroundbar. No sub yet, want to see what it does without the sub and then add one.
Set up Polk yesterday. Polk surroundbar is pretty convincing with surround effects, is solidly built, looks good (disappears in front of TV on a stand), and the included cable is a nice touch. Impressed.

Still need a sub and am trying to choose between the Outlaw Audio LFM-1 Compact and the Definitive Supercube III. The Definitive goes lower than the Outlaw, is small and light (25 lbs vs about 40 lbs), but costs $300 more ($700 vs $400). What would you do?
Soundbars are low fi
I have owned one
They are ALL junk
At least by a mid fi reciever/small sub/monitors
Mjcmt Polk 42" surroundbar

Vernneal - see my first post, thanks for your candid comments.