Harmony Remote Control

I was all set to pick up a Harmony 880 remote to simplify my HT system, but read a whole lot of negative reviews. Comments like cheap construction, faulty connection to the docking station and tiny buttons scared me away. For those of you who have this or another HT remote, can you share your experiences? Are these complaints nit picking or for real? Is there a remote out there that is better?
tonyp54
I've been using the 880 for about a year and it works great. The build quality is not top of the line and some of the buttons are sort of small, but I really like the "activity" concept and found it fairly easy to program. It takes a little tweaking, but so does everything else.
I love mine. I got a near bottom of line from TigerDirect. Cost me about $60 and it beats the $hit out of my Pronto, MX-700 and 500. Anyone want a good deal on either of those, hit me w an email. Mine does not have a dock, uses AAAs and my only complaint is one of the buttons sticks a bit. If I got of my lazy butt and sent it back, I could have it replaced, but then I'd have to do w/o for 2 weeks.
I have had min for 2 years now and it is the only one that I have found to be truely 'universal'. It will even control my velodyne sub.
Chad and Sufentanil,

I am completely onboard with you guys with the button thing. I could never use a touchscreen, and I find the buttons on the Harmony remotes I've seen to be tough to navigate by feel, and they feel relatively flimsy as well.

Sufentanil, I saw you're looking at one of the Universal remotes. I've been using the venerable SL-9000 for almost 10 years, and I can't say enough positive about it. It's been able to handle everything I throw at it (home theater, obscure hi-end audio brands, macros, etc.), it's taken more than its share of drops and abuse, it works from almost any angle, batteries last seemingly forever (especially since I almost never have to use the backlight as I virtually never need to look to find buttons), and you can get it for $80 or maybe less. I was fearing the day mine quit since I didn't think they made this remote anymore, but I found it is still available (thank God). If you like driving blind and want a sturdy remote that just plain works, as long as this does what you need give it a try. Here's a link in case it's helpful.

http://www.remotecentral.com/sl9000/index.html
Crap -- SL-9000 no longer available. I looked on the Universal website and it looked like it was still available, but after digging a little more it looks like it's discontinued. I'm bummed. Sorry for the misinformation.