Harmony Remote Control

I was all set to pick up a Harmony 880 remote to simplify my HT system, but read a whole lot of negative reviews. Comments like cheap construction, faulty connection to the docking station and tiny buttons scared me away. For those of you who have this or another HT remote, can you share your experiences? Are these complaints nit picking or for real? Is there a remote out there that is better?
tonyp54
It works but software crashes from time to time and you have to be careful to keep it pointed in the IR receivers direction for about 5 seconds to operate a full HT setup...Cable Box, DVD player, AMP, and TV. The pointing issue is a severe limitation because kids tend to hit the off button and toss the Harmony on a chair any old how....this may or may not have the intended conseequences depending on which way the IR Transmitter is pointing.

I use a Harmony in my second HT setup.
Chad, I agree with you that real buttons are so much more usable than the touchscreen stuff. That's why I'm looking into the Universal MX-900.

I'm not sure why companies think that touchpads or small buttons are what people want to press in a remote control. For me, I want something solid with real buttons that actually work. And that, to me, is one of the Harmony's shortcomings. I have pressed the wrong button many times because they're just so small.

Michael
I tried one and wasnt that happy with the 880, I instead starting using a Nevo Sl and it has been a much better experience.
Look at Control 4. I just bought one so Im not sure how well it will work. Programming and all is done by the store you buy it from. I'll keep you posted! it will operate everything from blinds, HVAC, lighting, Ht, even my Sirus Satelite S50.
I've been using the 880 for about a year and it works great. The build quality is not top of the line and some of the buttons are sort of small, but I really like the "activity" concept and found it fairly easy to program. It takes a little tweaking, but so does everything else.