Jumpers

Which offers superior sound- jumpers or a separate run...or is there no difference? 

What’s the general consensus...?
128x128infection
I experimented with jumpers and then switched to two runs for bi wiring. Two runs were WAY better. I use the Cardas banana plugs on the amp end of one set of cables ... and that was a nice improvement as well.
My Nordost dealer stated that Nordost would no longer sell internal biwire cable because they belived a single cable plus jumper sounded better, but that a single cable plus jumper was not as good as a double run of cable.
I remember at one time Transparent also recommended jumpers but later, offered internal biwiring.   Manufacturers cannot make up their minds!

I tried every combination and always prefer 2 separate runs.   2x cost but well worth the investment.

I've always scratched my head as to why one cable run and jumpers would sound different from two runs of cable since they are usually coming of a single set of amp binding posts. In the case of jc1 monos there are two sets for each channel serving low and high frequency. I personally use one run of Analysis Plus Big Silver Ovals and same in 12" jumpers. The tweeters opened up more when I took the factory straps off and added jumpers to my Tributes.

All,

I took the liberty and sent an email to Mike Morrow regarding this topic. Full disclosure: I do not own any Morrow Products or am affiliated with Morrow Audio. I use Audioquset, Nordost and Straigtwire.
Here is his reply:

I recommend the following...

BEST: Double runs of cables. Reason, lower capacitance and inductance from the runs being separated.

NEXT BEST: Use bi-wired cables (bi-wired cables have two connectors on the amp end and 4 on the speaker end). when doing so, the amplifier "sees" the drivers in the speakers better.

LEAST BEST: Jumpers, but hook them up this way: Install the jumpers, but hook the speaker cables to the mid/high binding post. This way the mids and highs do not pass through the bulky jumpers that come with the speakers. The sound is better!

Mike Morrow