BARNES & NOBLE HAS VINYL!!!!! BUT IS THE QUALITY UP TO AUDIOPHILE STANDARDS ????

Seen this rack full of vinyl in the old barnes & noble, the art work was not the best but how is the vinyl? some great titles, has anyone tried it and like them, how is the quality, well i purchased a  Phil Collins , hello I must be going and I will get back to you with my report. 
gmosley
I got a few (Willie Nelson Summertime and Annie Lenox Nostaglia).  They were fine.  Are they MoFi...No, but they did not cost $50.  I don't buy them any longer because I would rather spend the extra money to get the acoustic sounds or other audiophile grade pressing, which, of course, you will not find there BUT, to me, the THRILL is seeing them. just seeing them.  And young people buying them.   The only thing that bothered me was I went up to two 15 year olds who were buying a record and asked them what they wee playing it on and they told me they did not have a record player "yet".  So, not sure if the kids are buying them look cool, or actually aspire to listen to them.
Forget B&Ns vinyl. They are just cashing in on what they think is a hot market. I have thumbed through their titles in a Broadway store in NYC and I would say they are cheapie reissues probably from RB digital tape or CDs. Like why bother? Not to mention way overpriced!
how come there is so much conjecture saying what B+N is selling is inferior?  Saying it is not up to "audiophile" standards is just ignorant and perpetuates the stereotype of snobs in audio.  I say there is nothing wrong with exposing many more people to music/vinyl, and they don't need to go to "audiophile approved" shops to do so.

B&N is not cashing in on a hot market anymore than the recent crop of used record stores that have sprung up where I live during this recent vinyl resurgence.  Oh yeah, these used record shops also sell new reissues - the exact same ones the B&N is selling!   Whaddya know?

Just picked up Diana Krall, Stepping Out. Picked up one for my Dad too. Double LP, 180g purple vinyl. Sounds pretty darn good to me. No surface noise. With my B&N membership it was under $25; didn't feel that was bad. I've purchased many albums there and no issues. Listening to Stepping Out as I am typing this and it's definitely better than the CD. The original recording was done to tape, so hopefully the tape was used to produce the LP and not digital; regardless it sounds very good.