What's the most overrated or overpriced piece of equipment you own, have owned or come by?

This hobby of ours is extremely rewarding, but can also be very expensive. I don't mind paying the big bucks (if I can afford it) for better sound. But many companies out there take advantage of us poor bastards and sell us snake oil equipment at exorbitant prices. Well...This is your chance to share with other Audiogonners.

This is your chance to GET EVEN :-)
mozart4040

Oh geez, my turkey has to be a Benjamin Miracord turntable circa 1971. it spent more time in the repair shop than on my shelf playing records.

Next, could be  the Jaecklin Floats headphones. Everyone raved about them, but they were bright and difficult to listen to.  Headband looked like a electric shock therapy device.

I wasn't going to participate but I must strongly disagree with starboard, the Yggdrasil beats anything I have demoed in my home, including, Resolution Audio, Chord, dcs. To answer the original post, I hated a pair of Merlin VSMs I bought in 2001 fortunately traded with a guy for some Reynaud Offrandes that I loved, he preferred the Merlins, maybe Merlin guys wont like Shiit gear and vice versa?
My very first set of speakers, inexpensive Infinity towers (circa 1985) was unbearably bright--I wasted time & money trying to tame it. But from this came a key audio realization: know the sound you favor and build around it. I learned I favor deep, rich bass, expansive mid-bass, and pure midrange, and dislike bright, "revealing" highs. Now I know...
Ok, I own it, I use it but pound for pound for what it does and what components comprise its makeup...it is the most overpriced piece of gear I have....

my Okki Nokki record cleaner
I'm also disappointed with almost all my audiophile purchases. Being selling all of them off slowly and switching to cheap pro audio gears.