What's the most overrated or overpriced piece of equipment you own, have owned or come by?

This hobby of ours is extremely rewarding, but can also be very expensive. I don't mind paying the big bucks (if I can afford it) for better sound. But many companies out there take advantage of us poor bastards and sell us snake oil equipment at exorbitant prices. Well...This is your chance to share with other Audiogonners.

This is your chance to GET EVEN :-)
mozart4040
dbtom2: to start it has no handling of jitter. Whatever jitter comes in, comes out. The thing is buggy.... Very little bass. Only sounds good with vocal and simple stuff. Everything else sounds... wrong. It handles hi-res very badly too (ironically)

Also, noise floor is ridiculously high, -90/100db? My $300 pro audio dac noise floor is almost -130db...

I ended up selling it for around $3000, and I felt really bad for the buyer.
Cardas older Quadlink cables, Sehnheiser headphones, Parasound belt drive cd player. Bose was okay for movies for a while, better than built-in TV speakers.
Negative advertising is not illegal, look at the presidential campaign.
Schiit audio Yggdrasil. 
Its an OK dac but no where near  as good as the hype would lead one to believe. I know, I owned it.  
I own the direct stream after trying a few dacs. Defiantly don't regret it. no problem with Hi res. Try every dac u can get your hands on.

Biggest regret was a denon blu ray player. $400 piece of junk that denon didn't even care about so they never updated the firmware
I do own a Bose Acoustimass III Series passive subwoofer that i bought for ~$10 and that i just adore...It sits hidden up behind and driven by a Fujitzu 55" Plasmavision in my wood paneled bedroom, where it feeds 2 mismatched Klipsch center channel speakers (SC: 5,  aimed left and KV - 1, aimed down), also hidden and paid about the same price...
They yield a quite surprisingly pleasant and unobjectionable result. Haha