Whats playing on your system today?

Today I decided to listen to two of my favorite rock guitar heros and one great vocalist. Guitarist' Robin Trower, Ronnie Montrose and vocalist Davey Pattison.

I listened to Trower songs:
Bridge of sighs, Stitch in time, The fool and me, my personal favorite- Too rolling stoned and others.....

Then I pulled out "Gamma". 
I listened to: Razor King, Wish I was and Skin and bone and others.....

Davey Pattison hooked has also up with Michael Shenker also. I really enjoyed my day so far. Anybody else heard anything good?

N

nutty
You are so right, ghosthouse. The Band imo (and I'm not alone) are the finest self-contained (writing the songs, playing the music, singing the lyrics) Rock 'n' Roll ensemble the genre has produced. Three great singers (especially Richard Manuel), world-class musicianship (playing in a manner so as to benefit the song itself, a concept in advance of most R & R bands. To play thusly requires maturity and taste, a rarity in the field ;-), and excellent material. I've said it before and I'll say it again---The Band revolutionized Rock 'n' Roll when Music From Big Pink was released in early 1968, and that album and it's follow-up (S/T, aka the brown album) set the bar so high that it has yet to be equaled. Those two albums are a Master Class in how to play the music, and how to be a band. 
@bdp24 - I did not know you held The Band in that high regard.  I think we are on the same page as far as what makes them "special"...e.g., 
"technical execution that illuminates the composition" = "playing in a manner so as to benefit the song itself".  Exactly.

Not taking anything away from their individual talents but as with a certain other highly regarded group from England, I think a lot must be credited to the producer of their first two albums, John Simon. Based on the Wikipedia entry for him, he is very impressive.  If you happen to know of a good read about the recording sessions for "Pink"and "Brown", do please advise - I'd be very interested.  

By the way, it is post-Robertson but still great music (sound quality is a little uneven):  The Band - Live in Tokyo 1983.  Talk about three great singers, check out Rick Danko's performance of "It Makes No Difference".  One of my favorites.  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSHzODm-Ik8

In addition to Richard Manuel's talent as a vocalist, he was capable of writing magical songs that were precious (in a good way) and ephemeral.  Whispering Pines and In A Station are two fine examples of this.  I wish he had lived longer and written more.

The Band deserves its own thread, I suppose.

Robin Trower, Someday Blues.
I remember driving in my first car, some 40 years ago, and rocking out to Bridge of Sighs.   Friday night's concert will seem like stepping into a time capsule.  I am glad some of these guys are still at it 40 years later.