Has there been any inexpensive item that enhanced your system's sound?

For me it was an inexpensive power cord that was laying around for years, a Pangea AC9.  I have it connected to my Yamaha A S2000.  I've tried the stock cord on the Yamaha and then some of my other cords, (Wireworld, VH Flavor 4, Acronlink/Oyaide custom cord and a MAC). I've had lots of amps and integrated amps over the years, and this is the first time the Pangea contributed to making better sound. It surprised me because I had tossed it aside and forgot about it.  Power cord performance is such a crap-shoot and dependent on so many other variables in the audio chain.  Any inexpensive item you've come across that enhanced your system's sound? 
foster_9
Re: WILLIEWONKA: By a real coincidence I just this week modified my Music Hall 5.le (Pro-Ject) tonearm by adding a 3 gram weight to the head for my Denon 103 cartridge. It did more than tighten bass. It removed almost all of the edginess on the highs as well. The weight apparently reduced vibration feedback of this lower compliance cartridge. If I find a larger counterweight, I will try the additional 3 gram tab. A real audible difference for anyone with the DL103 on a lighter arm. $15 at Amazon - see link.
http://www.amazon.com/Tonearm-Headshell-Cartridge-Weights-turntables/dp/B01B8ONJVI/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF...

I have Pangea power cords on both dac and preamp and made a positive difference in terms of detail and clarity on both more so on the Dac than arc sp16 preamp.  
Using advice from Star Sound Technology, I replaced the rubber gasket that was under the transformer of my Edge amp with 3 Star Sound flat point (.5) Audio Points.  The point goes on the chassis side and the flat part against the trans.  Spread the 3 points out equadistantly, replace and tighten the bolt through the trans.  It made my Edge amp sound like I spent 50% more on it. THIS IS A $15 UPGRADE.  Takes about 10-15 minutes to do--most of that is unscrewing and rescrewing the chassis screws.  It changed the sound by giving more of everything.  I should add that I have all my equipment on Sistrum platforms designed to drain vibrations to the ground quickly.  This can be done with any trans in a component.  I will be doing this with my Modwright 5400 power supply of the cd player.  Dan Wright already said he thought this would improve the sound when talking with him.

The Synergistic Research PHT's that you stick on the cartridge make an easy and phenominal change to ANY cartridge.  It's like doubling the cost of the cartridge.  And you can change one to another in about 2 minutes and get a different sound from your cartridge that again is like you spent double on the cartridge.  2 of these for $200 and you have basically spent little to upgrade your cartridge significantly.  Now you can switch a type of sound to a different one very quickly.  Their room tune products are awesome also--you have to spend much more on those, however.  SR's demonstration at Axpona was pretty darn cool--putting in various treatments one at a time and playing various tracks so you can hear what each does in increments.  I'm a believer.  Much cheaper than reconstructing your room and hoping you'll get some success in the new sound.
One good audio 'enhancement' that's been around awhile is one that's inhaled vs. imbibed.  Been rather popular, although only available through 'alternative sources' unless you live in or near Colorado or other 'progressive' states....

Like most things, it has it's advantages and it's drawbacks.

Ask your kids, or grandkids if you're closing in on my age group.  I was asked the other day "How's it going, old timer?"

"Just fine, until you called me that..."

I let him live.