Whats playing on your system today?

Today I decided to listen to two of my favorite rock guitar heros and one great vocalist. Guitarist' Robin Trower, Ronnie Montrose and vocalist Davey Pattison.

I listened to Trower songs:
Bridge of sighs, Stitch in time, The fool and me, my personal favorite- Too rolling stoned and others.....

Then I pulled out "Gamma". 
I listened to: Razor King, Wish I was and Skin and bone and others.....

Davey Pattison hooked has also up with Michael Shenker also. I really enjoyed my day so far. Anybody else heard anything good?

N

nutty
AC#DC, High Voltage.
Stevie Ray Vaughan, Couldn't stand the weather.
Wow. What can you say about Stevie Ray? Any SRV fans in the house?

N
Hi Nutty - Thanks for posting over on the minority report thread.  Turns out I had just come across LA Blues Authority today.  Listened to track 1 but did not get much further in that recording.  Have it saved in Spotify for a future listen.

By the way, saw Robin Trower this week.  It was an OK show.  A small venue with decent sound.  A couple hundred people at most.  He played from around 9 to 10:30 or so.  Love his guitar tone…it sounded as good as on the albums.  He’s no shredder but he does have a trademark style and sound. There’s an economy and good musical sensibility at work when he plays.  I call him Mr. Riffs R Us though I did find myself getting a little bored at points during some of the pieces with longer instrumental breaks.  He played a fair amount from Bridge of Sighs.  But since I don't know his latest stuff or his broader discography all that well, can't tell you much more about what he covered.  Did recognize "For Earth Below" as the final piece of his encore.  Two much younger guys with him on bass and drums.  Bass player doing most of the vocals.  Robin did a few but more a sort of "talking lyric".  You wonder what these guys think backing him…he’s been around so long and seen so much. What do they find to talk about on the bus? (assuming they travel together).  Skinny, little old white dude now but one thing I liked to see is he still seemed to enjoy playing.  Small crowd there loved him.  I think he felt that.      

radfrad, 
Glad you still enjoying Glenn Hughes and his vast contribution to the music community. Mr Hughes is getting on in years as well. I found Glenn Hughes radio on my (Sprint)Galaxy S6 phone!

Regarding Trower, he's old school for sure. And he's 71 years old. Still one of my favorites. You cannot deny that he has a unique sound. Thats what draws me in. I've not seen him live. Friends have seen him, in the same type of setting. However Davey Pattison was on board to lend some showmanship. I'm told he sounded fantastic ten and I'm glad you had a chance to go. 

So far today I've listened to Manfred Mann's Earth band, Angel Station (1979).
And I pulled his cover of Springsteens, "Blinded by the light". Much better than the Boss' original, in my opinion. 

N

radfrad,
Listening to Trower again. Man. Bridge of sighs is 40 years old. I guess one thing I like is how "BIg" his guitar sounds. Deliberate. Confident in his ability. 

Also listened to-
Van Halen, Balance 
Crosby, Stills and Nash, CSN

N