Audio out to RCA input on new Sony TV's?

I currently have an older Sony HDTV with RCA connectors for audio out, to RCA connectors, into my preamp (and expensive $8K stereo).

All new current Sony HDTV's now have, Audio Out : 1 (Side / Hybrid w/ HP).

Howe do I get analog audio into my preamp with the same quality?

Do I now need a D To A converter?
don_c55
If the ARC SP-9 MK III can take digital via coax from a cable or satellite box, that's a good alternative to HDMI for audio. If OP is relying on the TV for analog source, I suspect "good sound quality" is unlikely.

db
Hgeifman writes, "In my case, I used the HDMI cable to my TV (Video & audio) and ran RCA jacks (audio only) from my TV to my Ayre integrated amplifier."

Why would you do that? Doesn't the Ayre have HDMI or coax input? Do you really want TV quality sound from a Blu-ray player?

db
Dbphd: I totally agree. The problem is the Ayre AX-7e integrated amplifier ONLY has balanced (XLR) and RCA input jacks. Unfortunately, the Ayre amplifier does not have HDMI or coaxial inputs.

While I prefer to get high quality sound from my blu-ray player, the Ayre AX-7e does not provide that option. The only solution, I guess, is to sell the Ayre and replace it with another unit that has HDMI or coaxial inputs. I really like my Ayre AX-7e and prefer to keep it. Any suggestions?
The audio must come from the TV, because I also use an apple TV, cable box, and Sony blu-ray player.

The audio input must be fixed output, as I use the volume control on the preamp.

Right now I have a 40'Sony Bravia Led HDTV that has RCA audio output, and the audio sounds great. I sit 6 ft away.

I wanted to go with a new 50"+ ultra high def Sony TV, but have now changed my mind.

I do not want 3D or built in internet. I get all channels I need from the apple TV and the blu-ray player.

I also have very basic cable TV.

I guess there is no real reason to change.

Unless you sit very close (4 ft) from the the TV, I see no need for ultra high def TV over a blu-ray disc. A big selection of 4K video is not here yet.

Hgeifman, I just looked at the manual for the Ayre AX-7e online, and see that it is analog only. I'd add a separate DAC to make it more compatible with components that have digital but not particularly good analog output. Good analog circuitry is an expense Sony likely avoids to make their inexpensive Blu-ray line price competitive.

I use an Ayre C-5xeMP disc player, so I can understand why you want to keep the Ayre.

db