Roon??

I've downloaded the Roon app on my IPhone and MacBook Pro. Do I need a media player of some kind to use this with my system. I have the Exogal Comet DAC and play ITunes through it but if I switch to Roon it plays through the MacBook speakers. I can't play it with my Dragonfly hook to my MacBook either. Help please!!
128x128bubba12
Thanks Tom! I think I have it worked out. I'm just not as patient as I used to be. I'm still trying to understand the upside to one of the stand alone media players on offer. I'm not sure what they contribute.

Well, I am taking my time on a media player. Once the Roon Ready gear gets out and reviewed I will look harder. For me, the sound quality thru my Mac Mini and Geek Out DAC is good enough for now.

That Exogal Comet DAC has caught my eye.  Haven't heard one yet but it's the right price range and has most of the features I am looking for.  

Keep the Roon forum bookmarked and don't hesitate to contribute/comment. Roon is a great product and has really changed how I interact with my music library.

I have a Tidal Hifi subscription as well.  Simply amazing what having 40 million tracks at your fingertips does to one's music appreciation.  

Enjoy your tunes!

The Exogal Comet is excellent but it's my first DAC so I'm hesitant to recommend it over others. I may subscribe to Tidal but my library of albums is 3500 so I'm not sure I need more music. I'm sure I will jump in at some point. I appreciate all your help on this. I'm going to enjoy this immensely. Mike Houstina