What Pre/Pro do you recommend?

I am currently using a Rotel 1066 which has actually served me very well. However I'm considering upgrading to a more modern Pre/Pro with the latest and greatest amenities. My budget would probably max out at 3-4K used. My needs are bass management capabilities...I am using a VPI Scout 1.1 and a PS Audio phono preamp that I need to run through the new pre/pro...I also want the latest HDMI inputs and processing. I would also like to have balanced outs.

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
krelldog
So you are happy with your system for video however want to improve it for audio. I agree with Zd, a 2 channel pre with HT would serve you well. Also as Zd stated, you might find that for music you don’t need the sub.
The thread starter wanted something with HDMI inputs and modern processing as well as 2 channel audio. Just because one poster owns a $20,000 processor that sucks, that's no reason to give up on one's goals.
Runnin.....Your observation is spot on. I'm hoping to upgrade the pre/pro and add HDMI inputs...

Does anyone have any experience with the Cary Cinema 12?
" Just because one poster owns a $20,000 processor that sucks, that's no reason to give up on one's goals.
Runnin (Threads | Answers | This Thread)"

How is comparing multiple options giving up on one's goals? The silly part is, had you read my post, you would see that I used a 20k processor for comparison between products that cost less than 1/4 of my Meridian. Just to be clear, I'll try to say the same thing in simpler terms.

20k HT preamp not worth the money. 2 channel preamp will give better sound for much less. If you don't understand that, I no idea what else I can say.
Sorry Krelldog, Runnin remained focused on your needs. That said, the 2-channel Pre with HT remains a viable option for someone trying to improve a HT system for music purposed one the HT system is positioned to satisfy.