Why are record cleaners so expensive?

Full disclosure: I have only the Spin-Clean record cleaner and a Hunt EDA brush to clean my vinyl, but as someone who's been in the digital side of audiophilia for decades, and as someone who knows how much gear can get in any dedicated hobby, I'm still curious as to why a high end vinyl cleaner can cost more than three grand.

I'm not disputing the price; after all, Smith said that something's worth whatever someone pays for it. Moreover, a high end record cleaner might be able to do things to vinyl that nothing else can. Still, paying three grand for an Audio Desk cleaner seems a bit out of reason. $3K can buy a good set of speakers; a hand-made fly-fishing rod based on your height and weight and arm length; two weeks at a Fijian resort for two; a custom-made suit from an Italian mill. So why is a glorified vacuum cleaner $3K?

Again, not flaming, just curious. Enlighten me?

s
128x128simao
whart,

You are correct. One can "pluck the lp out" before the drying cycle, (and then simply press the off switch. Yes, really.

I've never used a Loricraft but I can surmise that anytime two differing components meet/touch, there is some sort of reaction. If one steams first, as do I, then there is little to no crud to be sucked up in the first place in the later steps I outline.

Therefore, If one uses my method, allowing the Audio Desk to blow dry the much cleaner lp is the better way. (This is my last step)

My method:

I apply cleaner
I steam both sides
I then use the VPI as another way of rinsing/extracting anything left on the lp
I then use the Audio Desk
I then set it ti dry further

Cheers!
Slaw: You are up in Buffalo if I remember (from a thread on record shows)? Do you get down to NYC metro area? I’m north of the city, near Nyack when in NY- would love to show you what I’ve been doing with various cleaning machines. (And you are welcome to be our guest). Whoops, just checked, you are in N.C. Well, the invite still stands. 

Sim- don’t get us started on stoves now! :)
whart,

Why do you seem to find "sucking out" any contaminants better than allowing a "blow dry" method? It could only be that, your method still has crud at that stage, when my method has methodically washed away in an organic way, all of the crud that you want to continue to keep "in the conversation" at this point.

I can possibly accept your method if that is superior to mine. Thinking it through, however, I still find my method superior.
Somehow... after reading your last post, I find it hard for others reading this to accept your initial post as something they should really consider if you find it applicable enough to try and post my "whereabouts", only to realize you are wrong?

Whatever???
Hey - one more question. The Spin-Clean has those two immersed brushes, right? After you manually rotate the lp three or four times, you're then to take it out and let it drip the "bathwater" for a few seconds, then dry it with the supplied cloths, rubbing with the grain until the lp is dry.

I've been doing this, then setting the lp's in a metal rack to air dry. Should I even bother with the cloths? Or will the Hunt brush remove most of the fibers?