A/V reciever advice

Hello,
I just finished building an office in the basement and looking for an AV receiver. What this will be connected to is my PC, and Satellite receiver, TV and a 5.1 system of speakers. The Speakers are nothing special, 4 in Ceiling speakers and 2 In wall Speakers a sub and a Center channel. The ceiling speakers have two different configurations, depending on if i am watching TV or using the PC (Mainly Gaming and iTunes). I do not want to spend a a lot on the receiver at most 500 since this is not my main system.

The probelem is there are so many brands out there and some of the brands I am familiare with the quality was gone down.
For my main system I have Denon A/V reciever, Anthem Amp, and Paradigm Speakers. But I have heard the Denon's quality has gone down. If not Then I will stick with Denon.

The brands I am familiar with are Yamaha, Onkyo, Denon, NAD, Sony.

So looking for advice on these brands and other that might fit the criteria.

Thanks.
iahawk
Yamaha has been getting good reviews. They seem to have better than average sound quality, good reliability, and decent ease of use. If they have the features you need I'd go that way, and if you upgrade your center or other speakers at some point you might appreciate the sound quality.
I have a new Denon.....so I don't know about its longevity, however, I delighted with its performance, ease of setup, and capabilities.

Denon AVR X3100 W
I'm ready to pull the trigger on Motiva. Looks up to speed with tomorrows tech. AMB Danmar
I haven't bought a new reeiver for a few years, but have been happy with Pioneer Elite in the past.
If your speakers are "nothing special" then it may not matter to much.
Dietdoc1, I have B&W 804 w/htm1 up front & 803 as my rears.I do have an Elite 74txvi, I have mixed feelings with the unit.I did a power cord upgrade & that made a big improvement.I just treated the fuses w/quicksilver gold & waiting a few days for that to settle in. I've had fantastic results from this product. The "74txvi" cant handle the new HDMI upgrade & other formats that are in our future.Reasons for the EMO upgrade.