Why do all audio forums on the internet seem "dead" ?

Traffic is very low today vs 2000!

Are most audiophiles "set" with their systems, and no longer care?

Are 90% of audiophiles close to retirement, or retired and broke?

Most older "classic" audio equipment also does not show up for sale anymore IMO.
don_c55
Well, if you speak of Audiogon, those of us who have been around for a number of years, know that Audiogon shot themself in the foot a few years back. Although this site now appears ’slicker’, it just ain’t the same. Too much of this site’s sale’s ads are from dealers. This is a much larger percentage than prior to Audiogon’s changing ownership. It is sad, as it does seem that the ability to sell a good item, has decreased markedly since 2011.
In addition, I am not sure what 'you' mean by Classic equipment, but there is not lack of it out there.  The problem, now, is that it's quality is acknowledged, and the prices reflect that.  I was having my tube amp repaired, and I was at my 'repair guy's' place last week.  He purchases, and refurbishes classic McIntosh tube gear.  By the looks of things at his place, he may have cornered the market of Classic Mc equipment. ;)  
Shadorne wrote,

"There are some here who genuinely appreciate music and have good ears but they are drowned out by tin foil hatters and all manner of special unproven but "fantastic" tweaks (the grossly expensive speaker and interconnect cables being a clear example of the ridiculousness of these forums when a decent XLR or ordinary cable will do)

I deliberately left these forums for several years and just came back to check and see if anything had changed - it hasn’t - forums are still stuck in aimless rambling, hyperbole and anecdotes as they were 10 years ago when I first joined.

I got better things to do! So long and thanks for the fish!"

Define grossly expensive. And haven’t folks been whining about expensive cables for 35 years? Aimless rambling, hyperbole and anecdotes? Gee, you don’t say?  Thanks for checking in and thanks for the tirade.  See ya back in three years.

Cheers,

+1 for Shadorne hit it right out of the ball park. Of course you'll get lots of backlash though. Brutal honesty is a hard pill to have to swallow..