John Martyn

Sometimes you read about an artist that is vaguely familiar to you but you can't really recall much about them. So I read a bit about Martyn and decided to use You Tube at work to listen to 2 of his better known albums...Solid Air and Bless The Weather. Interesting jazzy/folk laid back tunes...I'm digging them. Sounds decent on my crappy desktop speakers. Hope these are well recorded...if done well I can see how I can lose myself in the music. I now know what my next 2 music purchases will be. 
muncybob
"Solid Air" is my only John Martyn record but it is not only great musically but sonically as well.  Listening to the title track on a really good system (ok, my system), when the sax comes in I nearly jump out of my seat it is so spookily real.  The microdynamics are very, very nice.  I sometimes play this LP to demonstrate what a good hifi can add to the enjoyment of great music.
I've seen some recent reissues from Universal the Back to Black series...any experience?
I expect the Abbey Roads 1/2 speed LP of Solid Air in about 2 weeks...like waiting for Christmas when a kid!