how much did you spend on rear surround speakers?

I thought i would share my experience setting up my home theater speaker system. I had Dali Helicon MkII for my fronts and Dali Helicon center. my side surrounds were an old M&K from one of their early surround systems. I replaced the M&K side surrounds with Dali Helicon C200 and was very happy with the sound. I moved the M&Ks to a rear surround position for my 7.1 system. However, when i found a pair of Dali W200 on Audiogon i bought them. After setting up with Audessey from my Marantz AV8801 processor, i was extremely pleased with the improvement in sound. I was very hesitant to spend much on side and rear surrounds, but in my experience, the extra dollars to have matching voices from the Dali helicon line actuallly made a difference i could hear.
128x128lxgreen
I have b&w 802's and an htm1 with four 805's for my back speakers and a rel stentor for my sub
Whatever brand you select GET THE SAME BRAND FOR FRONT CENTER AND REARS. Otherwise it will sound like CRAP
Thanks Bacardi, you have just given me a reason to spend another $5.2K on surround speakers!...

I am waiting for a second pair of Qs8's to arrive, but you have got me thinking that perhaps I should have saved up to get the matching surrounds for my fronts.

I feel that my exisiting QS8's were easely twice as reveling than my old surrounds. I think your Casta's would be in the same ballpark price wise to my required Focal Prestige series surrounds.

Now I have to justify somehow that spending 500% more on surrounds will be worth the 40-50% gain in bliss...
I can't even explain the difference I heard from the Axioms to the Casta's. Well worth the money spent. If your room is medium to large. Mine is 13 x 19 x 8. This spring/summer it will be 22 x 20 x 8. These surround speakers fill your surround experience so much it's incredible. It also depends on what quality your putting into it - Clean power, speaker wire, interconnects, power cords, isolation devices. Conditioning. I recently added an Audience Adept Response aR6-TSS(latest). This is one piece of equipement I will never ever take out. Just stunning. So all the parts together make a fantastic system. Cheers!!!!!!!!