LAST record preservative improves the sound

Seriously. I just applied it to 50 LPs of various quality recordings and genres and in every case there was a subtle but noticable improvement in clarity, especially in upper mid-frequencies and a little less in high frequences, but also some improvement in pace and dynamics. The records were very clean before the application, I did not clean them again prior to applying the LAST. Mostly original Japanese vinyl from seventies but not only, vinyl condition varies from NM to VG. I am impressed. This confirms what a man from the Needle Doctor said when I asked him.

inna
Great write-up nrenter. Rockitman, Last Record Preservative is NOT a coating. It is a chemical binder, locking the PVC molecules together, to prevent the LP's vinyl from fracturing due to the friction, pressure, and heat created by the stylus riding in the groove. Last leaves no residue (the liquid carrier evaporates), is not removed from the vinyl by the stylus, and therefore cannot accumulate on the stylus. There is nothing to accumulate---it's not a coating.
I experimented with treating the LAST treated records second time. Didn't hear anything different. Cleaned the records after that, again no difference. I agree that on some records the noise floor is somewhat down and there may be fewer pops and clicks on some. Less high frequency distortion? Maybe. Definitely not more. Great stuff.

Last record preservative works, if that's what you want.  It bonds to the vinyl and reduces nasty friction.  It also tends to make it brighter and give the music a certain sheen.  Caveat, apply to pristine record, or.... 

Regards,

inna: "Didn't hear anything different". You're not supposed to! Last Record Preservative was designed to, as the name says, preserve LP's, to prevent their deterioration with every play. Not to make LP's sound better, but to prevent them from sounding worse. It keeps LP's sounding no worse with each play by preventing the vinyl from fracturing due to the friction, pressure, and heat created at the stylus/vinyl interface. 
inna said that there was no audible difference after a 2nd application of LAST Record Preservative. 

And, yes, LAST Record Preservative is designed to prevent deterioration. However, I stand behind my claim that it makes records sound better today.