If you have ever bought anything from HSU research

This has me scratching my head. I have heard about these people for years, I finally bought one a VTK 12 incher.

I got it back to my house and the cabinet was punctured.

I took pictures notified them and they sent a call tag. I had to wait all day etc. Over the weekend after they got it back, I told them I didn't want it and wanted a full refund.

I couldn't try the unit and have to say the one I got was very very cheaply made. I had sawdust all over my floor, the driver was made of paper in short it was pretty crappy.

Of course being a greedy little internet company they tried to place it under their 30 days policy even though the unit I got was defective.

They have said all kinds of things that are untrue to the credit card company to keep this $99.00. Especially candy.

On a whim and this is what the thread is about I called FEDEX with my original tracking number in order to make a claim, I figure hell you have the sub and are still charging me money I will look into it. No more than a week after they got the unit back. They were paid in full for the SUB at retail not wholesale and were also paid for shipping to and from my house. Only the cabinet was damaged not the driver or amp.

They are still trying to charge me a fee, Not sure if they hit their head or what, but this is FRAUD.

I am just letting others know if enough people have been bilked out 100.00 a class action suit is in order. I can't be the only one

Matto
viablex1
Just to add my experience, I have a Hsu sub (VTF-1), and in numerous dealings with the company, I have always found them extremely friendly, flexible, very generous with their time and tech support, and nothing short of exemplary. I love my modest sub that plays very well with my Naim XS2 int. amp and Marantz AVR, and they patiently spent a lot of time with me on the phone getting the HT bypass setup organized - past the point of just integrating their sub. Just my $.02.
I'm still not quite sure what went on. The OP I'm guessing(?) gave them his credit card info, the item was shipped and showed up damaged? Too much info missing already, like whether the damage was visible and on the cardboard container it came in or just on the inside product.

Because right there that would be mistake number one. If you see outward damage and it's so bad the product is damaged, it's quite possible it's easy to see, so you do not accept delivery of the item or at least do not open it up, return it to the shipping company or get instructions from HSU. But again, no facts in the rambling post.

Item 2 is how is it that they are trying to get $99 from the OP. They have his credit card and have charged him I'm guessing(again). They've got the money, don't need to try to get it. They'd return an amount less the 99 as their policy states and that would be that. But somehow they are trying to extract 99 from the OP? I'm not following the money situation.

Either way, its an awful experience to order something and have it show up damaged. Dealing with such a situation politely and respectfully will get one a lot further than bitching and abusing HSU reps. And this thread will do nothing to hurt their reputation, you're wasting you time. They've been at the game for over 20 years and have a track record that is among the best in the internet direct business, in fact I think they are one of the pioneers of it.

I've got a VTF-15H that they shipped to me and the experience was great, and the sub pounds my theater like crazy. At least the OP ended up with a good ending.
Again everyone is different and if you want to laud them then this is not the thread for you. I did not see any puncture damage etc until I got it home.

It didn't not work, I opted for a full refund,. They filed a claim with FedEx and got all their money back as well as the actual unit if which they will resell the parts. You can't make someone pay for a defective product, no matter what you say or write.

I am sure they are nice if you are buying from them, I mean who isnT, I got my money back.
Viablex,

I have no relationship with HSU (good or bad) so I'm glad it worked out for you in the end. However, if I understand you story correctly, you're simply wrong here.

It was your responsibility to know the terms of HSU's product offering as stated on their website and re-printed here by Mofi before you bought the sub from them. You signed up for the deal on those terms (and those terms aren't remotely close to fraud). In short:

You bought a subwoofer from HSU.
YOU DECIDED THAT YOU DIDN"T WANT IT (when you refused the offer of a replacement subwoofer).
You returned it.
Therefore, you were subject to the return policy.

Outside of a delivery delay due to a third party (Fedex), refusing a replacement sub is no different than receiving a new sub from HSU and deciding to return it.

I understand that you didn't think the subwoofer was of acceptable quality, but HSU has a policy for that circumstance. You seem to be upset that you can't use Fedex's misbehavior to crawl out from under that deal. I think many folks would agree that this is not a reasonable expectation on your part.

As to HSU getting paid by Fedex - that's between HSU and Fedex and has zero to do with your deal with HSU. Of course, you point out that Fedex's settlement payment would allow HSU to accommodate you without losing money - which you ultimately convinced them to do.

But remember, HSU ultimately accommodated you with a refund when they had no obligation to do so. You should understand that this says a lot (all of it good) about HSU.
yes I bought a sub from hsu, after reading glowing reviews, my mistake, the sub was not as the reviews indicated, so I sent the sub back, I had to pay for shipping both ways, there are company's like svs that do cover shipping, bottom line is take reviews with a grain of salt, and check shipping charges and return policy's before buying.