Why do all audio forums on the internet seem "dead" ?

Traffic is very low today vs 2000!

Are most audiophiles "set" with their systems, and no longer care?

Are 90% of audiophiles close to retirement, or retired and broke?

Most older "classic" audio equipment also does not show up for sale anymore IMO.
don_c55
playdough wrote,

"I’m high on life! I thought the Sony Walkman reference was a joke! If you enjoy the audiophile hobby the many issues you mentioned...RFI-fuses-room acoustics ect. are viewed as a challenge not an obsession or chore. Enjoy the peace and harmony of your Walkman!"

whether tis nobler in the mind yadda yadda the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune or by opposing end them? The challenges - as you call them and apparently slough off - are worthy of great effort and cost as they influence, no control, the sound. So, by going to a Sony Walkman I dealt with the physical and electrical constraints naturally imposed by vibration, magnetic fields, room acoustics, house AC power, electrical ground, cabling by eliminating them from the equation. Their elimination is a natural consequence of going to low power with battery supply. The best way to solve a set of simultaneous equations is to reduce the number of unknowns. If one prefers to ignore or minimize these issues it's no skin off my nose.

Geoff Kait
machina dynamica
no goats no glory

For those interested in learning useful things about good sound. I'd recommend pretty much ignoring posts by geoffkait better known as mister machina dynamica.  
$3000 for a preamp? You really think that’s an exorbitant price? Geez, that how much high end preamps like the Berning preamp were when I first got into high end audio. And that was 35 years ago. Hel-loo! Wake up and smell the coffee! You know, if you're a skier and you're used to skiing all the cheap resorts, you know the ones I'm taking about, Hey, you really owe it to yourself to ski Aspen at least once in your life.