Whats playing on your system today?

Today I decided to listen to two of my favorite rock guitar heros and one great vocalist. Guitarist' Robin Trower, Ronnie Montrose and vocalist Davey Pattison.

I listened to Trower songs:
Bridge of sighs, Stitch in time, The fool and me, my personal favorite- Too rolling stoned and others.....

Then I pulled out "Gamma". 
I listened to: Razor King, Wish I was and Skin and bone and others.....

Davey Pattison hooked has also up with Michael Shenker also. I really enjoyed my day so far. Anybody else heard anything good?

N

nutty
Today I went in another direction. I listened to another great guitarist and vocalist. 
When they arrived on scene, they we're considered progressive rock. The band known as "Kansas". Kerry Livgren and Steve Walsh. (I know great violinist as well). (Jean-Luc Ponty anyone?, song Demagomania).

I listened to the self titled " Kansas". Songs " Can I tell you", "Bringing it back", and "Journey from Mariabronn. Fantastic debut in my opinion. Then "Song for America".
Solid albumn but my favorite song, "Lonely street". It's got guts!!

Then I listened to Kerry Livgren's solo album "Seeds of change". I like this albumn. 
It's packed with talent.  Steve Walsh, Phil Ehart and Robby Steinhardt of Kansas. Kerry actually sing on this albumn. Kerry's wife does some backing vocals as well. 
Barrie Barlow of "Jethro Tull" plays drums.
Ronnie James Dio is on two cuts, "mask of the great deceiver" and " To live for the King". And David Pack comes courtesy of Ambrosia on "Ground Zero". 

N

77-
Thanks for mentioning Morse and the Dregs. Reminds me to give "Liduid Tension Experiment" 1&2 another listen. Jordan Rudess, John Petrucci, Mike Pettrucci and the great Tony Levin.

N

nutty,
Kansas was one of my favorite bands in high school. Saw them twice and out of all of the shows I've ever seen, they still stick out in my memory very fondly. Excellent musicians.

I've bought so much vinyl lately that I won't be able to follow along by listening to everyone's recommendations, as it will take me a while to get caught up with these purchases. I will keep reading and do appreciate all of the recommendations.
Thanks slaw! I'm enjoying all of the posts and feedback as well! 

(Spelling Corretion on my earlier post, the band is "Liquid Tension Experiment":)

N
So, I will post a recommendation from my current purchases. I've been a big fan of Glen Hansard for a while. I have all of his solo stuff, his Swell Season work, his Ep with Eddie Vedder, and his great tribute to the late, great Jason Molina. I just finished listening to his band, The Frames "Fitzcarraldo" lp....wow! This guy just oozes talent. The Frames apparently have many other records, but since I only buy lps, I'll not ever hear them all.
I urge you all to check his work out.