When rap came out 30 years ago I thought it was just a fad

Now it seems like it dominates the music industry, movies and fashion. My only question is why?

taters

Calvinj, dont worry because most of the guys who blanket bash music are afraid of how culture and art moves forward. Art always moves forward. Bashers who decide what is good and what is not good simply miss out.

It's well documented that even Mozart was bashed. Its a young persons world and there is nothing the bashers can do about that.

Enjoy and be open to all music. I love new music and look forward to any music in any genre that might connect and touch my heart. Regards Jet.

Jetrexpro-"It's a young persons world". Advertisers and the arts media believe that because the ignorant/young can be easily persuaded in purchasing anything regardless of artistic value. Calvinj-Your obsession with audiophiles not embracing rap-hip/hop is puzzling. IMO 99% of recorded music of ANY genre is not worth ownership. With hip/hop not being a priority with audiophiles means a few great hip-hop recordings will be overlooked. What is more upsetting is Garth Brooks selling 135 million albums in the USA!!!
Man I don't care about audiophiles not liking rap music. I'm glad certain audiophiles don't.  I think it will survive without them maybe. Lol. I'm glad that my musical tastes are all over the place and that I can enjoy just about any genre.  Just enjoy your musical choices. It shouldn't be puzzling. It's pretty simple I'm probably younger and from a different cultural background than most audiophiles. So I will never expect most audiophile to like rap music. I would be foolish if I did. Most of the people coming out of my era don't really care what guys that don't like rap think.  Honestly, most take it as a badge of honor when certain folks don't like it.  I hope you enjoy your music. I'm enjoying mine. Happy listening. No hard feelings.  Don't kill my vibe. Just enjoy your own.