15A vs. 20A power cord questions

I'm installing dedicated 20A lines with 10AWG cable and Furutech GTX-D 20A wall receptacles. I am currently using the standard IEC power cords that came with my Rogue Cronus Magnum and VPI Scout 1.1. 

I rather not upgrade the power cables at this time. I would like to see the effect the dedicated lines and outlets have first. Are there any issues with running 15A power cords into a 20A outlet and line? Would a 20A power cord possibly sound better or is it just a matter of the blade orientation?
asp307
I had a Bybee Stealth v3 power conditioner that utilized a combination of those GTX-D Rhodium and Gold duplexes; they took 350-500 hours to reach their initial best sound. Your patience will be well rewarded.  As an aside, I have had very good results with Environmental Potentials Ground Filter units on my dedicated circuit....

asp307,

Glad to hear everything went as planned with the new dedicated branch circuit wiring. I see you ended up going with a single dedicated circuit.

4 1/2 hours through burn-in, I love what I am hearing although there is a marine layer of sibilance and grittiness. The detail retrieval is enhanced as well as the noise floor, background and soundstage. The dynamics are the best I have heard.

I’ve read anywhere from 500-800 hours of burn-in.

Yeah, it could take 500 hours means it could take 6 to 8 months for the receptacle/s to burn-in. You have more patience than I do.

What I would suggest is to connect some other loads to the receptacle the amp is plugged into. You could unplug the added load when listening to the audio system, then plug it back in after the listening secession. You need to have a load connected to the receptacle 24/7 until you get the amplifier receptacle burned-in.

Types of loads? Something that uses/consumes more power than just a few watts.

Maybe a box fan. Something that draws at least an amp or two.

If the floor is carpeted and you have a portable vacuum cleaner use the receptacle the amp is plugged into when vacuuming. Most portable vacuum cleaner motor’s draw up to 12 amps. That is a great load to connect to the receptacle.

After the receptacle, for the power amp, is burned-in you have three more to go.

Good luck.

@jea48 good call on the box fan. I am running a CD player On the second outlet, first receptacle. The second duplex will be used should I invest in a phono pre. Lots more detail, bass I've not heard before. Why don't they burn these in at the factory?