15A vs. 20A power cord questions

I'm installing dedicated 20A lines with 10AWG cable and Furutech GTX-D 20A wall receptacles. I am currently using the standard IEC power cords that came with my Rogue Cronus Magnum and VPI Scout 1.1. 

I rather not upgrade the power cables at this time. I would like to see the effect the dedicated lines and outlets have first. Are there any issues with running 15A power cords into a 20A outlet and line? Would a 20A power cord possibly sound better or is it just a matter of the blade orientation?
asp307

asp307,

The question should be what impact will a 20 amp dedicated branch circuit have on the sound you hear from your audio system.

IF your audio system is now being fed from a 15 amp convenience outlet branch circuit, that more than likely is wired using #14awg wire.

Factors to consider:

Age of the existing branch circuit wiring?

What other loads are connected to the branch circuit? It’s not unusual to see lighting loads connected to the convenience outlet branch circuit as well. Any dimmers on the lighting of the branch circuit?

At what point in the length of the branch circuit run is the wall receptacle connected to the branch circuit? What is the length of the #14 gauge wire from the wall duplex receptacle to the electrical panel?

What is the wiring method used for feeding in and out of each outlet box for connecting the wall duplex receptacles to the branch circuit wiring? Is the in and out hot and neutral conductors jointed, connected, together and then pigtailed out for the duplex receptacle connection to the branch circuit? Or was the receptacles used as the connection junction point for the in and out hot and neutral conductor wiring? Was the side terminal screws used to make the connections, or was quick stab in the back side of the device used? What is the conductivity condition of the connections? Any corrosion?

What differences should you hear with the new 20 amp dedicated branch circuit using 10-2 with ground NM-B cable?

Lower noise floor.

Tighter deeper controlled bass.

Cleaner highs.

Fuller mid range.

More air, open sounding.

Just an all around better sound presentation from the power amp.

NOTE: If you bought the Rhodium receptacles I hope you bought them pre-cooked, burned-in. If not you probably will not like the sound you will hear from your audio system. Don’t blame it on the new 20 amp dedicated branch circuit. It will be the fault of the Rhodium plating on the contacts of the new receptacle not being burned in.

IF you have 2 dedicated branch circuits installed, when the electrician is finished with the job and the two circuits breakers are turned on have the electrician show you at the two wall duplex receptacles branch circuits, (with his volt meter), they are fed from the same Line, leg, from the electrical panel.

@jea48 Thanks, I did not buy them pre-cooked so I'll have to be patient. I'm looking forward to listening for the changes during break-in. 

They will be installed tomorrow. I will provide feedback.
@jea48 2 3/4 hours later and I can now plug into 2 Furutrech GTX-D Rhodium wall receptacles. The electrician created a dedicated 20A breaker while keeping the 10-2 AWG cables isolated from any other cables. The run is clean where it meets a junction box close to where the cable runs up through the 1st floor and into two separate boxes thus increasing isolation. 

There are no wall plate covers. I may add later. I am utilizing stock 15A mains plugging directly into the outlet.

4 1/2 hours through burn-in, I love what I am hearing although there is a marine layer of sibilance and grittiness. The detail retrieval is enhanced as well as the noise floor, background and soundstage. The dynamics are the best I have heard.

I've read anywhere from 500-800 hours of burn-in. 

I had a Bybee Stealth v3 power conditioner that utilized a combination of those GTX-D Rhodium and Gold duplexes; they took 350-500 hours to reach their initial best sound. Your patience will be well rewarded.  As an aside, I have had very good results with Environmental Potentials Ground Filter units on my dedicated circuit....