Nola Boxer 2 vs. Paradigm Studio20 V5?

I am seriously considering going for the Boxer 2 as an upgrade from my Studio 20 V5s.  They provide lower bass response, good efficiency,  and get very high reviews.
My question is, are they limited SPL wise?   Can they play louder than my Studio 20s?

I do not play loud often but, it would be nice if they could go louder than my Studio20s without distorting.

Thx,
Rob

albireo13
Now I remember!  I just bought a Peachtree 220se; am loving it!  I was considering a Nuprime IDA8 as well and in all honesty, I think I will eventually still buy an IDA8 for a second system.  Looks like a great little piece but some reviewers said it runs out of steam at high volumes.  I say just pair it with some subs and your good!  

I prefer running monitors and subs over floorstanding speakers because you can dial the system in more that way.  Hopefully this doesn't start a huge disagreement but oh well!

I havent found a pair of bookshelf speakers that play really deep bass so you might want to consider filling in the bottom end with 2 subs, 1 to start and a matching 1 later.  

If I were in your shoes, I would try to swing those DeCapo Reference 3A Dulcets here on Agon right now.  You will need a sub but I think these will provide the best mids and highs and if you're going to use a sub later anyhow...

I would also look at Dynaudio Focus 140,  Tyler Acoustics Taylo Reference, Kef LS50.

I would say that the Nola's are better than the Studio 20's but not better than the Signature 2's.  I really like beryllium tweeters so I loved my Signature 2's and would also probably like the DeCapos also.

Check out the DeCapos and the Tylers!  IF
I will chime in on the de Capo's, great speakers more bass than you can believe from stand mount speakers  8.25in woofer with a tweeter no crossover  92db

I use this with a 4wpc Decware Mini Torii and get loud enough in a 12 x 20 room, not neighbors complaining loud but not bad
My Studio-20s are a bit on the bright side.  Sometimes that is nice, sometimes not so nice.
While I've been resisting, I may break down and get a sub someday ... not right now.

Albireo, I had the 10's,20's,60's, and sig 2's.  I thought they were all bright sounding apart from the Sig 2.  They studios were all version 5.  They are bright speakers!  Sell them, buy the DeCapos and get a sub later on!