Dynaudio's best sounding bookshelf between $500-1000

Dynaudio has always offered multiple "lines" of speakers, especially bookshelf monitors. The speakers I can recall are the Focus 2/6 and 2/7;  The recent Excite line with models 12 and later 14; and a model called the 110 issued in 2005-2007.  I need to find a small to medium size bookshelf monitor for a second system,  that has very good sound quality with tight bass and a wide deep sound stage. Please no sizzling highs. I may occasionally hook them up to my main system to see  if they can come close in sound quality to a floorstander speaker, and driven by more power in a larger room. 

I have listened to a few of the above, but that was a few years ago. My recollection was that most sounded good, but also a little dull  That is probably not totally accurate  Feedback from members who have owned a few of the above models would be helpful.   Thank you 

sunnyjim
sunnyjim - The 2/6 2/7 line was the entry level 'DM' series which has been recently replaced with the Emit series. Excite series model 12 is discontinued while the 14 - 18 - 34 - 38 and 44 is current. The model 110 is a much older Focus line.

Now that's out of the way IMO the newer models have more forward and brighter highs. With Dynaudio it has a 'house' sound. The level of refinement gets better as you go go up the ladder.  But that said they have speakers that are pretty 'laid back' and some that are more forward with 'almost' sizzling highs and very forward mids (Sapphires - S25's and Consequence UE come to mind - which are also older models).

I can't recommend enough listening to as many in your price range first to see what 'series' you prefer. I used to have original C1's and later the signatures.
I have heard the Excite 12s and thought them to be great. They do require clean power to perform at there best however. They come up for sale on AG for ~$800.  They were replaced by the 14s which I hear are easier to drive.