Can you smell your speakers when youre rockin out?

Lol, I know this a funny question, but whenever I'm listening at loud volumes, I can smell my speakers. It's always the same smell no matter what speakers I've had. It's not a burning smell, more like the insulation used in the boxes. Is it the air blowing through the insulation and then out the port, or cooked voicecoils? Like I said, it doesn't smell like burning electronics but I 'm not sure what it is. It kind of smells good; like new rubber in a bike shop or race gas smells to me. It's the association of good times :-)
128x128b_limo
I agree fibreglass is great when it comes to sound absorption but i am talking about health and safety. And what I have posted is completely relevant to the title of this thread. I am just offering my opinion on another aspect of speakers which is often not spoken about.

The fibreglass industry would suffer a loss if they started to admit it is actually more dangerous than it is often claimed.

The danger exists when the invisible particles become airborne and then breathed in.
If GMA can prove using an air particle counter that no fibreglass is released from the port when playing music, then they can claim its safe. Otherwise I would like to know how much of that stuff comes out.
If you think there is a safe limit on the amount of this stuff you can breath in, thats your opinion. My own view is to avoid the stuff completely. Its safe in the attic because nobody goes there. Its not airborne. You can easily avoid this by simply using other materials like polyester. GMA used polyester in my speakers at my request. They dont do it routinely as it takes more effort. Neither polyester or fibreglass has any effect on bass anyway. It takes much more than a bit of fibreglass, to get rid of bass energy inside a tiny cabinet.

If it was this "dangerous" don’t you think it would be unlawful to use as home insulation.

No. You cannot depend on the law. If you want to avoid air pollution, you cant depend on the law because its being broken all the time. Car pollution IS dangerous but the law does not protect me every time I go out in public and breathe in all of those fumes.
I agree with Bombywalla. Kenjit's continued attacks on Green Mountain Audio are unwarranted and incredibly tiring. Move on to a different subject already. It is difficult to believe all of the whining going on after 4 years. 
I think bombaywallas attack on ME is unwarranted given that he doesnt even know the story of what happened. The truth is that contrary to GMAS claim, i received no refund. If anything, GMA are the ones trying to smear me so that they can be absolved of any blame whatsoever.
It is very unusual for manufacturers to come out and criticise their customers so eagerly.

Just because I mention facts about GMA doesnt mean I am attacking them

The bottom line is that this roy johnson fellow is a controversial character and so is the whole theory of time cohesion which he fervently defends and promotes.

He has dismissed Professor malcom Hawksfords research on time coherence and told me that he didnt know the math behind it. Hawkford is one of the few people who does serious research in audio and the math is all there in his papers for everyone to see. Roy has published not even one paper on time coherence in the AES so his claims are unproven.

You need to read threads like this old one to see what I mean 
http://www.audioasylum.com/cgi/t.mpl?f=speakers&m=314321
Roy Johnson is not the only person that supports the virtues of time coherence. John Dunlavy, Richard Vandersteen, Pat McGinty, Jim Thiel, and Dale Pitcher all either build or have built phase coherent speakers that have been highly regarded and well received by critics and users alike. Reference 3A is another company that favor coherence. Why aren't you blasting all of these fine speaker designers for their decision to focus on phase coherence? To dismiss this design choice as nonsense is ignorant or a clear sign that you are doing nothing more than grinding an axe. There is a reason that John Atkinson performs impulse response test on every speaker that he tests. He must feel every test he runs on a speaker is important to it's overall performance, otherwise he wouldn't perform them. In some sort of twisted way, you have taken a thread about the way a speaker smells when playing and turned it into bashing GMA and their design choices yet again. That should give any one reading this a clear clue what a nut job you are. Give it a rest.
Why aren't you blasting all of these fine speaker designers for their decision to focus on phase coherence?
Roy Johnson himself dismisses those other designers. Roy wont be pleased that you are conflating his superior designs with all of those others you name. According to Roy, only his speakers are time coherent, correct me if I'm wrong.

If time coherence was so important, EVERY designer would be using it in their designs not just the handful you name. EVERY audiophile would insist on it. 
Time coherence is neither necessary or sufficient for great sound. Proof? B&w, wilson, magico, YG, avalon, etc