Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
^^^ Affiliated? No. I'm a satisfied customer who has been around the business community longer than most of you have been wiping your noses.

I did what joncourage should have done in the first place and what any astute consumer would have done. Rather than complain here in this forum and disrupt a perfectly positive (with a few exceptions) 15 page thread about a terrific product, what he should have done when the suppler failed to satisfy his complaint, was to simply call, or write, to the manufacturer FIRST in an attempt to get satisfaction to what he considered to be defective fuses. 

Look, if you were to have a gripe with a real estate agent, would you immediately write to the editor of the local newspaper with your complaint? Would you go to the State Real Estate Commissioner and file a complaint?Or would you simply drop by the real estate office and have a chat with the owner/broker FIRST?

SR has a Facebook page. 

Here ... I got this contact information right off of SR's Facebook page. It took no longer than a few minutes to find it:

http://www.synergisticresearch.com/contact/

Now, how damned hard was that???
I had a Red and Black fuse blow back to back in my DAC upon installation and power up. Luckily the dealer took them back. Otherwise I'd be out of $200 without even an audition.
I don’t like to draw any conclusions before all the facts are in but so far this appears to be just a lot of who shot John, with the usual suspects all lined up trying to punch holes in the whole aftermarket fuse balloon, as is their wont. It’s not like aftermarket fuses are anything new, what is it like twenty years? yet the pessimism and uber skepticism doth persist. True or false, all the skeptics are very content and happy with their systems and have no desire whatsoever to try and coax that last 5% performance out of their systems? :-)
^^^ Exactly geoffkait ... even if they are offered a spare Red fuse FOR FREE!!!!  

Isn't it interesting how the naysayers come right back out from the shadows the very moment someone has a problem with his quirky amp that was saved from being blown to smithereens by a fuse that did its job? 

What more can a person do to make a point other than to offer his spare fuse to a member for free, including shipping ... or to resolve joncourage's problem for him, then supply him the contact information for SR?

Personally, I'm sick and tired of trolls who try to tear the seams of everyone's dreams. (Hey, wasn't there a song to that effect?)  :-)

In the meantime, my system is sounding terrific. Its never sounded better. And, I'm looking forward to the next SR Black fuse that will be going into the ARC REF-75se. 

Oh yes, and on the subject of ARC ... we find the same naysayers in every thread started regarding ARC products too. What's up with these guys? Envy? Jealousy? Dark hearts? Someone kicked their cat? What????

Hang in ...
I'd look at the fuses that work and see if they have a T inscribed on the end, or have a spiral wire instead of a straight element. If either are true, they are likely slow blow.  I found this, but can't vouch for its correctness: "If the fuse is in the loudspeaker circuit, ie, in series with the loudspeaker as a load, then it needs to tolerate occasional overloads, but open on continued overload - so, medium slow blow. If the fuse is in series with a transistorised power supply's pass transistor, then it needs to be a very fast blow. If the fuse is in the mains input lead before any power supply unit, then it needs to sustain the start-up current required to charge the main filter capacitors - so, slow blow."