Tonearm recommendation

Hello all,
Recently procured a Feickert Blackbird w/ the Jelco 12 inch tonearm.
The table is really good, and its a keeper. The Jelco is also very good, but not as good as my Fidelity Research FR66s. So the Jelco will eventually hit Ebay, and the question remains do I keep the FR66s or sell that and buy something modern in the 5-6 K range. My only point of reference is my old JMW-10 on my Aries MK1, so I don't know how the FR66s would compare to a modern arm. So I'd like to rely on the collective knowledge and experience of this group for a recommendation.

Keep the FR66s, or go modern in the 5-6K range, say a Moerch DP8 or maybe an SME.

Any and all thoughts and opinions are of course much appreciated.

Cheers,      Crazy Bill
wrm0325
Dear CT0517: """  He has no reason/agenda, like you Raul ... """""

a huge mistake from your part. Almost all those opinions comes from several many years and today only are confirmedwith better facts/experiences elsewhere.

"""  Are You a True Audiophile ?. Now myself, I can’t post there because I am a part time audiophile, and full time music lover. I don’t qualify sorry.  """

wrong here too because first than all we must be a MUSIC LOVER and be in touch with live music and after that comes that audiophile word and meaning. So your contribution there is not only welcomed but very important too.

Regards and enjoy the music,
R.
Dear cleeds: fabricated?. That's why some of you can't understand or just are against my opinions: because I had and have experiences you don't live yet. Not only that experience but ( example ) : heard in home places systems ( everykind. )  that goes from 35K to 400K+ big bucks with the same Lp tracks. These kind of experiences ( and those owners posted here on Agon about my visit to them. Not a history as you say. ) gives  so many critical information that is an invaluable one and that put light to so many other " roads " to re-think ouir hobby again.

My first advise to any audiophile ( other that attend to listen live music. ) is to listen as many audio system you can listening ( if you can, sometimes we can't do it. ) to the same LP tracks that you know better that your " hands ".

There are no secrets out there only more or less experiences and the positive attitude to learn always, that's all. Keep listening!!!

regards and enjoy the music,
R.

ct0517,

**The Air Bearing affords isolation, and allows me to run a straight shot of unshielded wiring. The person that makes the loom - Take Five Audio, tells me NO pivot arm customers can use this loom for two reasons.

1) The erratic pivot arm, armtube behavior with the attached external wire. All pivot arms are like buying a new car with a low front right tire. The only way to fix it - lower pressure in the front left tire. Called antiskating.  

2) Hum issues with the pivot tonearm itself being being bolted to the plinth. Multiple grounds are not a good thing.**

This doesn't make sense. Why would someone with a pivoting arm want to use a loom designed for an air bearing linear?  Are you saying a pivoting arm can't use a straight run of wire? Of course you're not, you just want to get in a shot about antiskating.

Hum issues with the arm being bolted to the plinth?  Most arms are bolted to an armboard, but what's it made of etc. ?? 

I understand you like the ET, I've heard it sound excellent, but why the inappropriate comments from the guy who makes a wiring loom?

Regards,

Raul,

**My first advise to any audiophile ( other that attend to listen live music. ) is to listen as many audio system you can listening ( if you can, sometimes we can't do it. ) to the same LP tracks that you know better that your " hands ".**

Still don't get it?  We don't want your advice, at least I don't and I think the majority of posters here.  You think you're the only one who listens to live music?  You think you're alone in training your hearing?  You do get the award for checking out the most equipment and knowing the least about it.

Regards,

Post removed