The most emotional amp out there?

OK gang, I need your votes for the amp you feel that brings the chills, the goosebumps, yes maybe even a teardrop or two when you sit down and listen to your particular music of choice. Although many responders will automatically think of tubes, I do not necessarily share that "prejudice". I'm trying to find that special amp to mate with my Virgo IIs that really takes me to the heart of the music...as opposed to just performing the requisite audiophile tricks (e.g. imaging, soundstage depth, etc.). I'm tired of appreciating the specific virtues of a well known amplifier that I am auditioning but never really being transported to a place where I forget about the gear and simply am enthralled with the music.

Don't get me wrong - I enjoy the audiophile thing as much as the next person. But I am searching for the amplifier that will transcend the need to go through the checklist of listening attributes a reviewer does and instead will simply allow me to sit back and just be enveloped by the message that the particular recording artist I am listening to is trying to communicate.

I hope I'm being somewhat inteligible here and thanks for your suggestions.

Gregg
reneaugroup309c
My Status-graphite Stealth ii 6-string bass thru Focusrite Pre and 2600W Crown K2 thru 18" sub and 2" compression horn will bring tears and weaken your knee as well.
Fun thread - everybody amp gets to be the star.

Mine too: VAC Renaissance  XX/XX. Line up the 300Bs, break out the wine n cheese and don't even think about getting up for the first 45 minutes.

BTW - what happened to the OP?
There are some amps that bring a tear to my eye when I look at the price-tag.  Does that count?   : )
Pat wrote...

Why is an amp supposed to be "emotional"? I thought the goal of us amp makers was to produce a product that neither added to, subtracted from, or changed the original source.

Right????
If you go to live performances you often see many audience members in tears after listening to their favorite opera. If you could duplicate the source, why would't you want that kind of experience at home?

Roger
tripper wrote..
The emotion is within the disc, not the hardware. Hope I caught the tenor of the thread.
onhwy61 wrote...
I agree with Tripper. Since when did a pile of glass, silicon and wire get a soul. There ain't no ghost in that machine!
The problem is that it will remain in the disc if you have no means to play it.
How the hardware handles the source is everything. This is why there are a plethora of threads filled with audiophiles looking for the Holy Grail.

Roger