Stylus Warm-up Time

Do you prefer to warm up your stylus before listening i.e. by playing one side (or 2) of an "expendable" LP?

How long is considered acceptable warm up time?

Do you listen immediately or do you wait until the optimisation period is up?

Also what temperature range do you listen at? (My preference is 21-23 degrees C ambient although it doesn't mean I'll stop listening if it goes to 23.5 ;^)

moonglum
The sound certainly improves after the cartridge has been playing for a few minutes, but, it is hardly the case that the cartridge is mistracking or doing anything that could damage the record so there is no point in playing some "expendable" record or wasting time playing something you don't want to hear.  The first few minutes will just sound a little muddy and dull sounding until the suspension of the cartridge limbers up a bit. 

Thanks Larry.

Not that I'm trying to "impose a view" here. I've noted that some people will put an LP on then flatly refuse to listen until at least 30 minutes have elapsed. If that were me then I guess I'd be using old 2nd hand LPs rather than burn out a favourite when I'm not even there to appreciate it. ;^)

So I'm really trying to get an insight into this phenomenon :)

I've found that the cartridge definitely starts to bloom, letting the soundstage expand in all directions, after 1 to 2 sides. It is definitely noticeable.