Wells Audio / AVA Synergy / PrimaLuna DiaLouge Premium HP

Hi all,

I am looking to upgrade my amplifier to power my Salk Audio HT2-TL’s. I’m hoping that with your help, I can decide between there potential options. Here’s a couple bullet points which may help your appreciated guidance:

• My signal chain is Mac mini > Chord Hugo TT > Cambridge Audio 840A V2 > Salk HT2-TL]
  • I’m running the speakers without a subwoofer, so I would like something that doesn’t skimp on the low end.
  • I’m looking for the silk, buttery, in the room sound, with three dimensionality.
  • I listen at low level late night listening around 40% of the time, medium level 40% of the time, loud "reference" levels 20% of the time.
  • The speakers offer bi-wiring, but I have never taken advantage of it.

Right now I believe I’ve settled on three options:

1. Wells Audio Majestic Intergraded w/ Internal Upgrades. The upgrades will make the unit sound like the Innamorata according to Jeff Wells.
  2. AVA Synergy 450 Power Amp w/ AVA Tube Preamp
  3. PrimaLuna DiaLouge Premium HP Intergraded

Does anyone have any experience or thoughts between these options?
avdweeb
I've owned Salk HT3, van Alstine big FET hybrid power amp (I think the prior version of your url) and a PL Dialogue One. I visited Frank van Alstine's house a few times to buy my stuff directly from him. He uses the HT3 himself. And he and Salk always show together. I think since you have Salks, you should roll with the AVA.
Yeah, that's one of my thoughts - but Wells Audio is now showing with Salk as well. People say they're one of the most natural amps, and even tube die hards have said its the only solid state they'd buy.

So I guess I'm lost on getting a true tube experience (PL), tube preamp / SS power (AVA, but how Many of the tube benefits would I really gain?) or a great solid state option (Wells).
The innamorata is all it's advertised to be. Most musical I've heard tube or solid state! 

AVA Synergy 450 sounds like a big modern(read not-"tubey") to me /
Fine amp, would hope the innamorata is better as it costs $ 5,000 more !