Conrad Johnson CAV 50

Just acquired this beauty from my father in law. I've never owned a tube amp, so not sure if I should sell it, or keep it and pay him. Anyway, a question for you tube heads. One of the EL34 tubes in slot V7 ( a tube which can have it's bias adjusted, which I assume means the power transmitted) has it's red light constantly on. I turned the bias all the way down and it still flickers. However, I noticed that my left speaker sounded blown/distorted. When I turned the bias up, the distortion decreased. The instructions say to turn the bias down/counter clockwise, until the red light goes out. But, if I do this, it sounds bad. So, my question is this. Is it simply a tube I need to replace to fix that problem, and if I change one tube, should I change them all. Next question is I searched for the EL34 tubes and of course there are a large variety of them. Any thoughts. To me the amp sounds little bright with the Celstion SL6's I am using, so any warmer tubes would be nice. Also, if I were to sell this setup, any idea on what I might ask on pricing? Thanks.
Roly
rolyasm
The tubes arrived, I installed them, let them warm for an hour, biased, then turned on some music. And.....the problem may be fixed. So, interesting thing when taking out the old tubes. All of the tubes had no markings on them but one, which read EL34G. That tube was in the paired channel where I was having the problem, though in a different socket. I only change the "bad socket" with another tube from the other channel, but never changed out that EL34G tube. It seems strange that a neighbor tube, in the same channel, could have been causing the bias light to light up and stay on its sibling tube, but that seems to be the case. So... now I have to find some amazing speakers to try out. Any suggestions for something that isn't super bright, has a high sensitivity and doesn't cost over, say $800? I know that isn't a huge budget. Thanks again for all your help. I have the old RBH speakers hooked up now and the sound pretty good. I have a call into RBH and have sent them pics so they can give me the model number and specs. They are old. No markings. I'll keep you posted.

Found out the info on the RBH’s built in 1993. 2 pairs, but I am listening to the larger model, the 812. The smaller speakers that match it are the 63’s. Here are the specs:
Specifications for 812: System Type: Acoustic Suspension 2-Way Woofer: 8" Long Throw Polypropylene Tweeter: 1" Liquid Cooled Polydome Tweeter Protection: Poly Switch Controls: Constant Impedance Tweeter Output Crossover (’ Frequency: 3COOHz. Attenuation Rate: 24 db/Octave & 12 db/Octave Asymmetrical Recommended Amp: 20 to 150 Watts (unclipped) System Impedance: 8ohms Frequency Range: 45 to 22,COO Hz Efficiency (SPL): 89db Cabinet Finish: Real Walnut, Oak and Black Oak Veneers ~aker nnection: 4-Way Gold Plated Binding Posts Cabinet Dimensions: 19" H X 12" w X 10.5’’ D Weight: 33lbs. each
and the 63’s: System Type: Acoustic Suspension 2-Way Woofer: 6" Long Throw Polypropylene Tweeter: 1" Liquid Cooled Polydome Crossover Frequencies: 3000Hz. Attenuation Rate: 12 db/Octave & 6 db/Octave Recommended Amp: 5 to 80 Watts (unclipped) System mpedance: 8ohms Protection: Poly Switch Protection Circuit Frequency Range: 60 to 22,000 Hz Efficiency (SPL): 89db Cabinet Finish: Real Oak and Black Oak Veneers ~aker nnection: 4-Way Gold Plated Binding Posts Cabinet Dimensions: 12" H X 8" w X 7" D Weight: 10 lbs. each ShipQing Weight: 25 lbs. / Pair

I know it is hard to tell much from stats, but would a more efficient speaker be better suited, or is all I am missing out on is the ability to go loud? Right now I can the volume to about 45% before it starts to distort a bit. I wouldn’t mind a bit more volume. Wish I had some Klipsch laying around just to test them.
Reading some reviews, here are some of the speakers tested with the system that people have enjoyed.  It is an old amp and all of the speakes look 1985-2000 range. Maybe this will help keep the cost down, but I doubt it.  Royal Reference 3A,  KEF 104/2,  Rogers LS3/5A speakers,  Totem Model 1 Signature,  Thiel 2 2's,  QUAD ESL 57's,  B&W N805s,  ProAc 2000 Signature speakers,  ProAc 2s,  ProAc response 1SC's,  B&W DM610
Anything new anyone would recommend? 
On another note, I am getting a mid-grade record player fixed and the CJ doesn't have any phono plugs/ground. Is there an affordable solution? 
I would also see if you can swing a pair of used KEF LS50 monitors that have a pretty good low end for monitors (is Stereophile Recommended Component Class A rated in a category that has many $5K+ speaker listed).  Can get for as low as $999 used (currently $1200 + $45 S/H with free $279 stands), new for $1500.  Try to get as much as you can the first go round to obtain highest performing products to delay future upgrades.  If full range is your desired path, their are the Monitor Audio Silver 8s (new $2000 (free shipping, no tax) or used $1400 with $200+ S/H) that are Full-Range Class B recommended.  If you live near Dayton, OH, can get the used version via local pickup to avoid S/H.