Peachtree Reliability issues?

I'm curious if any of you have had reliability issues with peachtree products. Awhile back I was considering buying an idac but didn't because I read that people were having problems with them breaking. My brother bought a nova pre and the dac on it broke the second day he had it. He had another one sent to him five days later, he has had that one for a week, and now he is having the same problem; broken dac. Have you guys had similar problems with peachtree products? Dacs in particular?
128x128b_limo
I'm enjoying the 220se so far. It's paired with a pair of B&W CM9S2 speakers via a pair of Signalcable ultra cables. Streaming Spotify via my TV to the 220se's DAC via a generic optical cable, or tidal & FLAC files via USB from my macbook pro.

Observations so far- 
1. The tube - when on - makes for a warmer more rounded sound. I actually prefer it off for 90% of the songs. On a few songs, it actually helped tighten the bass notes a bit  and make them fuller.
2. Low quality audio is easily discernible as such. Huge differences between spotify and tidal premium and lossless FLAC files.
3. The 220se is HUGELY powerful. I mean, I've only ever gone upto a quarter of a turn on the vol knob and it's plenty to make the B&Ws sing. On most occasions, it's only a bit above 'zero' volume. 
4. Most of the songs I hear... I like. But... I still feel something missing. There's a certain musicality and clarity that my prev int amp - the Naim Unitilite - had. I miss the Naim sound. At 4 times the price of a refurb-ed 220se, I'm content with the 220se (for now). Is the Naim sound worth 4 times the $? For me, yes. Overall, the 220se is warmer than the Naim, has better bass and midtones than the Naim.

Also, it looks gorgeous.
Rsangole, thats how I felt about the Nova pre / 220 combo.  Great sound but missing some life. I wonder if its due to the class D amp.  Its intersting that an amp / pre / dac can sound good, have good power, have good extension and clarity yet be "missing something", and that something is life / soul.  I suppose one day I'll be listening to vinyl on tubes asking muself how I listened to lifeless digital.
rsangle...
I'll be listening through an ARC LS3 preamplifier and Thiel CS3.5 loudspeakers.  

From what I've seen on Peachtree's site it appears the 220se is being discontinued, being replaced by the Sona amp?  The Sona's specs are a tad lower in terms of output.